Racing fuel question

Jonny Hotnuts

Registered
I just got some info on the supplyed fuels that are allowed for Speedweek @ the Bonneville Salt Flats.
I know that the the motor makes more HP on 87 octane but these are my choices.

erc.JPG

Should I spend the $300 to buy the dynojet timing control box to adjust the timing for a fuel that has near 100 octane?

Would this give me more HP if I were able to run the timing back with the race fuel. (not running high CR or boost this year)

Thanks

-JH

dont know about the ERC fules much. I am a dealer for VP and run the M110 fuels and love it for the strip and street. but for what your doing, Im clueless.

Josh

Give them a call 800-445-1479 and ask them for a recommendation. If you are running stock compression that favors the 87 octane pump gas, I’m betting they are going to tell you the MUL/A. Their tech support should be able to tell you a ballpark figure on what the A/F will change compared to pump gas. It may not be much.

Racing fuel should make more power than pump gas for many reasons. I’d say leave the timing alone and focus on the get the A/F right.

Also make sure and ask about storage and draining requirements. You may need to drain and flush what is left from your tank/system to prevent damage.

I find it neat that they are giving heat production numbers. I wish VP would do that.

I use VP fuels (C12 or Streetblaze). Leaded fuel will cut down on detonation but make sure it is something you can leave in your tank, most of the good stuff from VP you have to flush so I just stay away from it completely.

(sully @ Jun. 10 2007,10:21) I use VP fuels (C12 or Streetblaze).  Leaded fuel will cut down on detonation but make sure it is something you can leave in your tank, most of the good stuff from VP you have to flush so I just stay away from it completely.
+1

HPIM0156.jpg

How is the C16 on the spray? I run an 80 shot (wet) and haven't tried the C16 yet. It would be easier for me since they sell it right down the street from the house and i drive 45 minutes to get the C12 or Streetblaze.

Back