Racial Tension in SC is undeniable! Do you think the flag should be removed?

Should Confederate Flag be removed from Gov't Buildings in SC?

• Yes

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
20 NOs to still only 7 YESs ya'll ignant segregated rednecks better stop votin' before Arch starts to cry....:tantrum:

Arch how can you say you love Skynnard, such an obvious group of white racists and then be against the flag? You're a living oxymoron.

I'll have a longer response tomorrow, but this is how stupid this whole situation is...

Capture.JPG

OH..and one more...but let me guess, he's a 'traitor to his race', right? WRONG..he's trying to save it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys this is not about slavery, its about a prison industrial complex and the police forces that are sweeping up people of color disproportionately and taking them out of mainstream society. This is the slavery issue of our time. People are fighting the police because they know this. Look at the posts of active duty police on this site - if you are a minority would you trust justice to these people? Of course not! If people on this site want to claim slavery didn't happen and no one was responsible or benefitted from it, fine - the facts on this are pretty clear and we just have to make sure history is not "adjusted". BTW black people didn't take your Dukes of Hazzard, Dylann Roof did.

Guys this is not about slavery, its about a prison industrial complex and the police forces that are sweeping up people of color disproportionately and taking them out of mainstream society. This is the slavery issue of our time. People are fighting the police because they know this. Look at the posts of active duty police on this site - if you are a minority would you trust justice to these people? Of course not! If people on this site want to claim slavery didn't happen and no one was responsible or benefitted from it, fine - the facts on this are pretty clear and we just have to make sure history is not "adjusted". BTW black people didn't take your Dukes of Hazzard, Dylann Roof did.

Sorry, but you are a complete idiot(borderline delusional). Not one person is saying slavery didn't exist. No one responsible? No one claimed that. What was said is the North and south share the blame.

Sweeping up people of color? News flash... Have them stop shooting one another(among other crimes) and you will see less sweeping you are referring to. According to you it's a byproduct of living in poverty and didn't matter what color lived that way. it's stuff that just happens.

I've sat in court rooms(I have a clean record) and seen how various people act. Didn't matter on their color. If they acted like trash, hood, disrespectful, etc... they got treated accordingly. I won't mention my observations of who acted less then proper, but it was easy to see what race had what common attitude.

Dylann Roof took it? Another idiot remark. One ill-informed racist didn't do it. It was others blowing things out of proportion who caused it.

So again... Post up some stuff to support your claims.

Lycan6 - Nice video. Talks about slave ships bringing slaves to America. Those ships didn't hold the Battle Flag that is under debate here. Talked about how cotton was big industry and it happened to be the south that had the farms. Well the climate was more suited for farming. When the south wanted to break off from the north, the north seen this as a financial problem for them and said no you can't do that. Bam war! I'm not saying life wasn't bad for a slave back then. It was. Still no link to the south using a specific flag as a symbol of slavery.

And what the F*** does that have to do with the Battle Flag? Progressive Liberals have hijacked history and brainwashed folks like you into thinking the Flag has something to do with today's current problems. Let's just conveniently ignore the facts that black folks commit a disproportionate amount of violent crimes in this country. All the main stream media completely ignored the group of over 50 BLACK thugs raiding the Walmart in Georgia. Al Sharpton only cares when white folks commit a crime against black folks and never says anything about the daily shootings in Chicago or Baltimore. This crap has got to stop and its your own skin color folks who are crying foul all the while they are the ones bringing this country to its knees. Buck up and act like citizens and you will be treated as such. Act like thugs and things will go accordingly. Total friggin bull****. Obama is doing a great job of dividing this country and continuing the racial divide.

Sorry, but you are a complete idiot(borderline delusional). Not one person is saying slavery didn't exist. No one responsible? No one claimed that. What was said is the North and south share the blame.

Sweeping up people of color? News flash... Have them stop shooting one another(among other crimes) and you will see less sweeping you are referring to. According to you it's a byproduct of living in poverty and didn't matter what color lived that way. it's stuff that just happens.

I've sat in court rooms(I have a clean record) and seen how various people act. Didn't matter on their color. If they acted like trash, hood, disrespectful, etc... they got treated accordingly. I won't mention my observations of who acted less then proper, but it was easy to see what race had what common attitude.

Dylann Roof took it? Another idiot remark. One ill-informed racist didn't do it. It was others blowing things out of proportion who caused it.

So again... Post up some stuff to support your claims.

Lycan6 - Nice video. Talks about slave ships bringing slaves to America. Those ships didn't hold the Battle Flag that is under debate here. Talked about how cotton was big industry and it happened to be the south that had the farms. Well the climate was more suited for farming. When the south wanted to break off from the north, the north seen this as a financial problem for them and said no you can't do that. Bam war! I'm not saying life wasn't bad for a slave back then. It was. Still no link to the south using a specific flag as a symbol of slavery.

Strife it's not about what percent of blame goes north or south of the Mason-Dickson line. This entire conversation is about settled facts. But you guys do come at this conversation from the point of view that "it was ok because........" The flag over the SC capitol is wrong and should come down because it was put there long after the civil war and it was done out of hate to protest desegregation. WalMart, TV Land and NASCAR following the lead is about them seeing that more and more there market share is of color and they don't want to be seen as an exclusive club. If you guys aren't aware that the demographics of this country have changed, those stores are.

Read the AG's report from Ferguson. It's unbelievable that this sort of stuff is going on. Frankly I had been told this by many people but didn't believe it myself. During my posts on the Mike Brown shooting, I said something must have set him off. As it turns out the Ferguson PD was using J-walking as a leading way to get money out of the population. It is amazing that a city could get 75% of it's revenue from fines on it's poorest citizens who happen to all be black. I noticed you all didn't bring that report up. there is no way you can see this the same way after understanding what the Ferguson PD was doing.

OK, this is going around and around so I'm done. I may respond to Skydiver when he chimes in as I'm sure it will be a good retort. I'll continue to ignore Siiad lol.

Strife it's not about what percent of blame goes north or south of the Mason-Dickson line. This entire conversation is about settled facts. But you guys do come at this conversation from the point of view that "it was ok because........" The flag over the SC capitol is wrong and should come down because it was put there long after the civil war and it was done out of hate to protest desegregation. WalMart, TV Land and NASCAR following the lead is about them seeing that more and more there market share is of color and they don't want to be seen as an exclusive club. If you guys aren't aware that the demographics of this country have changed, those stores are.

Read the AG's report from Ferguson. It's unbelievable that this sort of stuff is going on. Frankly I had been told this by many people but didn't believe it myself. During my posts on the Mike Brown shooting, I said something must have set him off. As it turns out the Ferguson PD was using J-walking as a leading way to get money out of the population. It is amazing that a city could get 75% of it's revenue from fines on it's poorest citizens who happen to all be black. I noticed you all didn't bring that report up. there is no way you can see this the same way after understanding what the Ferguson PD was doing.

OK, this is going around and around so I'm done. I may respond to Skydiver when he chimes in as I'm sure it will be a good retort. I'll continue to ignore Siiad lol.

Please post a link proving it was done in hate. Of course you can't and won't be able to.
You so frigging ignorant you don't even know it's NOT flying over the state captitol. It's flying over a civil war memorial nearby. That victim chip on your shoulder is clouding your ability to think. Keep ignoring me because it's impossible for people like you to accept the truth.

Hi all. Just a quick reminder to please keep the language (even asterisks) and name calling under control.

Org rules aside, calling names and using bad language almost always diminishes the credibility of your post. :thumbsup:

I know he keeps saying this and that, but never provides any supportive information to back up his claims.

Also to add to Blanca's post... There have been many memorials constructed much later after the fact. I wasn't aware there was a time restriction this country had on building monuments.

Walmart, TV Land, ETC... Only made their moves because of money. Very little to do with politically correct. Much like the civil war. Walmart is known for their cheap prices... WTF you think shops there? All the way from the bottom on up. Well according to you Fallen, less and less blacks because they are being corralled into prisons.

Read the AG's report on Ferguson.

Don't have to.
White cop is attacked by a Black teen moments after committing a strong arm robbery and throttling the store owner.
Black teen is rightfully shot in self defense by said white cop hence the no charge from grand jury. After crying foul and getting what they wanted which was justice in the form of a grand jury all of them refused to accept said aforementioned justice and decided to riot and burn the neighborhoods down. White cops life is ruined because he was hired to do a job and did it.

Sound about right? Because that's exactly what happened. But I'd wager a few bucks you still feel otherwise and most likely still think Trayvon was innocent as well. :moon:

well Arch IDK about the police sweeping up people of color thing. have you ever done a ride along with a police dept in a violent area conducive to crime? I've been listening to the police radio for almost 20 years now and id say about 90% of the time wen a call goes out over the radio for a shooting, car jacking, robbery etc.... the suspect is usually described as a black male. those are facts not opinions. I think wat is disproportionate is the amount of black men committing violent crimes NOT the police enforcing the law by arresting them.

the cops on the street don't take the calls for service to the 911 line. the call takers do and they give the info to the dispatcher who in turn dispatches the call the post car. so all the police know is wat radio tells them and after many years of working you start to profile people in the areas you work in. its only human nature to do so. its not racism, its reality.

Slavery was over 200 years ago. I mean how long do we hang onto somthn that no longer exists. I mean with racial equality these days wen trying to land a state, local or federal government job a black man probably has a better chance of getting hired then a white man does. well, lets say they are given opportunities.

although, I hear every time my PD is giving a test that they will be looking to hire minority officers. the truth be told is they just don't pass the background investigations cause they don't have jobs or licenses, or have suspended licenses, lied on their applications, have misd or felony convictions or fail drug tests. they even give city residents 15% extra to their final score which is designed to help minority candidates not white ones. they still don't score hire enough usually.

I mean you can lead a horse to water but u can't make em drink.....

black ppl didn't take the dukes of hazard away I agree but its black ppl that are up in arms over a flag which I get cause to some of them its a symbol of old school southern mentality which is often associated with segregation and discrimination. but, the nazi's didn't like books from particular ppl and therefore burned millions of them. thats no different then removing a flag that SOME associate with hate while others associate with pride and history from their ancestors that fought in the confederate war.

I mean lets dispel a few things here about the rebel flag and the confederate war while were on the subject and having a civil conversation. the war was NOT fought over slavery like many think. the war was fought over money and money alone like many wars in history were fought over.

the rebel flag was not flown on slave ships lol. I actually had a friend tell me that a few days ago wen we were debating racial issues. he is a black male. great friend of mine and well educated like urself Arch but he was really sure they were and was really wrong lol but nonetheless a great dude but feels similar to the way you do on this issue.

lets be real here in no FUKING way does the confederate flag represent hate or any type of violence. that is such non-sense! Cmon Arch ur a pretty fair and balanced guy. I'm sure you can see thru this.

aryians and KKK members simply ruin the flags REAL history and heritage by adopting it as their own. it is NOT their flag and will NEVER be their flag!!!! I don't know where ppl get that notion that the white hate groups now own the confederate flag. absolute BS! the dukes of hazard was as family as a family show gets and now this will tarnish the show forever. thats a real shame. smh

ur painting a VERY large brush here wen only a very small fraction of the population associates that flag with hate and racism. the other 95% just see it as southern pride.

and the US flag has not always represented freedom. it flew over a slave nation for almost 90 years!!! slaves were not free so the US certainly did not represent freedom. the northerners made a FORTUNE off of slavery so slavery was not just a southern thing either.

the confederate battle flag was simply just that a battle flag!!!!! it was not a national flag, the US flag was the national flag and it represented slavery for many decades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back