Racial Tension in SC is undeniable! Do you think the flag should be removed?

Should Confederate Flag be removed from Gov't Buildings in SC?

• Yes

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny but you guys aren't getting it. Do you think TV Land pulled the Duke's because it offends minorities? Grow up! They did it because they don't want to lose customers. You're are so ethnocentric that you don't realize you are a shrinking minority. Heck even NASCAR realizes their future profitability isn't with a segregated redneck audience! You shouldn't fly a confederate flag over government property because confederates were traitors to the United States of America and genocidal mass murderers not unlike Nazis. The stars and bars do in fact mean hate. It was adopted by the KKK as a symbol of white jihad and terror and it was flown over SC capitol in response to the federal order to desegregate. Heritage or history those are still the facts.

Whoa...hold on their big feller..."genocidal mass murderers not unlike the Nazis'? Please...do elaborate...I GOTTA hear this one...

I just don't get it Arch, are you looking for reparation payments or something? You obviously walk around with the victim chip on your shoulder, but yet YOU have not been victimized. You, nor your dad, nor your granddad were a slave. Me, nor my dad, nor my granddad were ever slave owners.

If you spent half as much time worrying, protesting and spouting off about Black on Black crime (HOW many blacks were shot by other blacks in Chicago last weekend), as you do on what is obviously stupid PC misplaced white guilt bullcrap, this world might ACTUALLY become a better place.

Race relations have gotten MUCH WORSE since Obama took office - he had done his level best to incite them and it's working.. You know, I don't even have a Confederate Battle Flag, but stupid crap like this makes me want to go buy one, as my Freedom of Speech should hold the same level of acceptance and tolerance as those POS's who are out burning my AMERICAN flag. I doubt you even thought about that Battle Flag at the SC capitol, until the media and other race-baiters managed to inform you of it.

Lastly, I'm about to say something you might even find SHOCKING - on the way home, at a local fireworks stand, I saw a BATTLE FLAG on a pole ON TOP of an American Flag...I stopped and told them that, while I understand their anger over BS like this, that was Unacceptable and they needed to reverse the order. The Stars and Bars goes on top. And if I see it there tomorrow, I'm going to stop again and tell them again.

Whoa...hold on their big feller..."genocidal mass murderers not unlike the Nazis'? Please...do elaborate...I GOTTA hear this one...

*snipped

Lastly, I'm about to say something you might even find SHOCKING - on the way home, at a local fireworks stand, I saw a BATTLE FLAG on a pole ON TOP of an American Flag...I stopped and told them that, while I understand their anger over BS like this, that was Unacceptable and they needed to reverse the order. The Stars and Bars goes on top. And if I see it there tomorrow, I'm going to stop again and tell them again.

Gotta agree. American flag on top of any other flag.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is all BS anyway , Who really cares about a flag, fag , or dumb ass kid , I hate everyone and everything that is not my way but I live with it, you know why? You get to feel the same way and I will not take that away from you Its called being free in America ! One of my good friends is black and when my son goes to see him he walks my son to the car , You know why ? because he does not trust his own people (blacks) he tells me , Man I love your son and these N word dont give a **** about nothing and would kill your boy in a second for some change Jump him in a pack like wild dogs is what they do . I respect the man we hug when we see each other and he is real to me about the world he lives in . Arch as a black man you know there is a cancer of hate in the black youth that needs to be stoped , I dont know how to do it and the black leaders dont either . I really dont think a flag being taken down or haveing cops stop doing their job will help one bit .

Keith when folks like Arch compare southerners who fly the Battle Flag to Nazis you know you're dealing with an I D I O T.
The Confederacy never tried to exterminate an entire race of people.
But oh wait a minute the white man did all but succeed in exterminating an entire race of people on this continent. It was the Indians. The white man carried the Stars and Stripes during that. But nobody on that side cares about logical truth in comparisons. They just wanna jump on the train of ignorance and cite the history of one symbol while looking past the history of another. You should know by now it's typical of Libtards to do this.

Arch im not in total disagreement with many of the things uve posted. but the Nazi flag is simply associated with hate and genocide by most ppl today. which imo is really unfair. most of the modern world today watches videos on the history channel, discovery, utube etc.... and all they see is the hate that was carried out by the top officials in the German government at the time.

but, wat many don't realize is millions of ppl from that country simply had a deep and undeniable amount of PRIDE to be a german citizen and THAT is wat the NAZI flag meant to them.

people like General Rommel who even to this day is considered one the best strategic generals in the history of warfare. the man had pride and had absolutely NOTHING to do with concentration camps or cruelty to jews. he simply fought for his country and had a loving family.

there were millions of ppl like him in one way or another who had a LOVE for their country and hung the Nazi flag in their house with pride or wore the swastika on their sleeve with great pride to be a German soldier or citizen and it had NOTHING to do with wat we associate the Nazi flag with today.

its no different then millions of southerners... they too have a lot of PRIDE and associate that flag with their family history and battles that have been fought along the way. not everyone was a slave owner. and not everyone treated slaves like animals and not everyone agreed with slavery at all! so wen some racist wants to associate a flag with hate then thats his choice. he has first amendment rights to associate anything he wants with his hate.

you take one incident of hate and now want to banish a symbol of southern culture thats been around longer then any of us have? this is a very slippery slope and bordering on censorship. ya know, like they do in China, Russia, Cuba etc.... not good.

the KKK has associated that flag with their hate since the beginning. decades ago! so why NOW all of a sudden does the flag NOW be takn down? because some little turd wanted to mock the Newtown incident and had a fb pic holding a confederate flag. so fukn wat! wat if he was holding the US flag? do we now take that down too?

wat if he was holding an Irish flag and associating it with the IRA? shud we now take down Irish flags from around the country because some little turd wanted to engage in hate by blowing up a church and prior taking a picture of himself holding the Irish flag while representing the IRA. you see where that goes......? that is NOT who we are in this country.

and now the media has has painted such an ugly picture of the confederate flag that its become so sensational that people just now associate it with hate. WHAT!!!!!!!!!! ru fukn kidding me? I mean cmon taking down the Dukes of Hazard!!!!!!!!

SMFH thats one of the most wholesome family oriented shows in the history of television. see how turning a symbol into a universal sign of hate has now done to a piece of our history with the Dukes of Hazard? see where things go when u acknowledge ones hate by now removing the flag?

It is pretty clear what the flag means and that it was raised over the SC capitol to signify racial domination and superiority. That is also why the KKK uses it. I don't have a problem with an individual flying a Nazi flag if that's the message they want to send out. But a government entity represents everyone and should not be engaged in flying a flag that represents white jihad and terror as well as treason to the USA. I do disagree with removing all memorials and statues, as this is more a documentation of history than flying the colors of traitors.

As far as companies dropping the flag, they have a right to do what they feel will make their customers happy. Freedom of speech protects you from the government, not other people. Make an arse of yourself and you pay the toll.

The video of the Dylann bail rearing was amazing. For these people to face the kid who took so much from them and offer forgiveness was stunning. Watching the interviews of the family members it struck me that many of them looked like the people who police were shooting down in the streets. Yet when given the opportunity to poor gas on the racial fires burning hot in this country they chose instead to extinguish them. And with that move they showed their humanity and their moral superiority to white supremacy terrorists. This church has a long history of fighting for civil rights and they showed it. Following that hearing things did change. People stepped back from the us vs. them mentality, at least for awhile.

Funny you guys are having trouble wrapping your heads around who I am. I am successful, not a victim. I took a full year of college electives studying the post revolutionary America, the civil war and reconstruction. I have visited every battle field in Virginia and a few in surrounding states. My father has a degree in history amoung other things and I know American History very well. My favorite period is however WWI & II. GNBRETT Rommel actually tried to have Hitler killed both because of the atrocities he learned about and because he knew Hitler was crazy. As the war in Europe drew to an end the German population was taken to concentration camps to see first hand what the Nazis were doing.

Anyway the Nazis and Confederates had a common methodology. Demonize a race of people, define them as less than human and then exploit them. I post in these types of threads because I get sick of people looking at behaviors as black when they are the behavior typical of people in certain economic classes. It is no accident more blacks are in the lower classes. I understand history and I work in corporate America so I see how the system works every day. I re-read my posts here and I stand by it all as factual.

strange I didn't realize Lincoln was a Confederate? His quotes seemed to pretty much demonize blacks. And so did most northerners at that time. Yet again you focus only on the south? Turn in those dollar bills yet?

BTW: Skydiver you questioned my use of the term genocidal to describe the confederate states of America. Well it is estimated that 6 million Jews were killed by the Nazis but estimates are that 20 million Africans were killed as slaves either on the trip over from Africa or as working slaves on plantations (not implying one is worse than the other). Slave traders would size ships to hold 2/3 more slaves than were needed to make the journey profitable because only 1/3 would survive the journey. These numbers cannot be quantified because of weak record keeping of many slave traders. These numbers can be challenged, as the record keeping of the time has been either lost or not clearly done in the first place. Also, many slave traders inflated their counts to appear more prominent.

Slave life was not pleasant. The movie "12 Years a Slave" accurately depicts typical slave life. Hollywood has painted the image of Slave master relationships as a parent child relationship, which is very inaccurate based on writing from the time, including plantation owners bragging about how they kept their slaves under control. Also, the notion that slavery was not seen as wrong at the time is not true. England had abolished almost a 100 year before, and the use of slavery was seen as the methodology of uncivilized "colonies" only, not established worldly nations. In fact there was a great fight on this issue in the development of the constitution (all men created equal actually meant exactly that) in which the pro-abolition members gave in to save the Union.

Yes blacks participated in the slave trades both here and in Africa. There were Clarence Thomas' then too (couldn't resist that one). But this does not mitigate the immorality of the practice. Wrong is wrong. There is also much reference to Black on Black crime here. This is no different than the mafia terrorizing the legitimate businesses in their own neighborhoods or Irish gangs or various Asian gangs. Hollywood paints a picture of honor in the mafia - there is no honor in killing innocent people to terrorize and consolidate power. On the other hand it depicts Black crime as mindless. Read about Frank Lucas if you want to know about Black crime. Or the movie “New Jack City” which is Hollywood but based on the true tells going on in every major city. Crime has shaped all major American city, that’s the reality of it.
Finally, there are estimates that even today, the top 1% of America’s richest families got there money from land ownership and go back at least 100 years. Before the oil runs hit in the early 1900’s and the age of the quick riches began, land ownership and crops were one of the few means of developing transgenerational riches. So, not being allowed to own large plantations or to compete in the oil prospecting or build heavy industry is a handicap that lingers even today in the Black community. It is no secret that families like the Koch brothers control the political priorities of this country and so Black issues generally take a back seat.
So, I stand by my use of the term “genocidal.”

BTW: Skydiver you questioned my use of the term genocidal to describe the confederate states of America. Well it is estimated that 6 million Jews were killed by the Nazis but estimates are that 20 million Africans were killed as slaves either on the trip over from Africa or as working slaves on plantations (not implying one is worse than the other). Slave traders would size ships to hold 2/3 more slaves than were needed to make the journey profitable because only 1/3 would survive the journey. These numbers cannot be quantified because of weak record keeping of many slave traders. These numbers can be challenged, as the record keeping of the time has been either lost or not clearly done in the first place. Also, many slave traders inflated their counts to appear more prominent.

Slave life was not pleasant. The movie "12 Years a Slave" accurately depicts typical slave life. Hollywood has painted the image of Slave master relationships as a parent child relationship, which is very inaccurate based on writing from the time, including plantation owners bragging about how they kept their slaves under control. Also, the notion that slavery was not seen as wrong at the time is not true. England had abolished almost a 100 year before, and the use of slavery was seen as the methodology of uncivilized "colonies" only, not established worldly nations. In fact there was a great fight on this issue in the development of the constitution (all men created equal actually meant exactly that) in which the pro-abolition members gave in to save the Union.

Yes blacks participated in the slave trades both here and in Africa. There were Clarence Thomas' then too (couldn't resist that one). But this does not mitigate the immorality of the practice. Wrong is wrong. There is also much reference to Black on Black crime here. This is no different than the mafia terrorizing the legitimate businesses in their own neighborhoods or Irish gangs or various Asian gangs. Hollywood paints a picture of honor in the mafia - there is no honor in killing innocent people to terrorize and consolidate power. On the other hand it depicts Black crime as mindless. Read about Frank Lucas if you want to know about Black crime. Or the movie “New Jack Cityâ€￾ which is Hollywood but based on the true tells going on in every major city. Crime has shaped all major American city, that’s the reality of it.
Finally, there are estimates that even today, the top 1% of America’s richest families got there money from land ownership and go back at least 100 years. Before the oil runs hit in the early 1900’s and the age of the quick riches began, land ownership and crops were one of the few means of developing transgenerational riches. So, not being allowed to own large plantations or to compete in the oil prospecting or build heavy industry is a handicap that lingers even today in the Black community. It is no secret that families like the Koch brothers control the political priorities of this country and so Black issues generally take a back seat.
So, I stand by my use of the term “genocidal.â€￾

Care to explain to the class what flag was flying on the masts of those stuffed slave ships you mention?
Care to explain where the majority of those slave ships ported?
Care to explain where the majority of the slave markets were located?

Oh dangit it wasn't a Battle Flag, they weren't taking port in the south and most if not all slave traders were Yankees so you'll probably ignore those facts as well.....:moon:

Don't forget less than 4% of people in the south owned slaves too.

And you'll have to cite your link laying blame on any southerners for the deaths of that number of slaves.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_slave_trade

The number is nowhere near that. The majority of them died during the African conflicts and attempts at rounding them up by people of their own skin color. The ones who died on the voyage over were again on ships flying the Stars and Stripes. Not a single slave ship ever flew the Battle Flag, EVER. It doesn't seem like you paid much attention during all that school you boast about? Hardly any of the deaths you speak about can be laid at the hands of the Confederacy.

Now all Dukes Of Hazzard re-runs have been yanked off of television because the General Lee has the Confederate Flag on the roof. This **** is getting ridiculous. Everyone is so scared of NOT being politically correct nowadays. That was my hands down,absolute,favorite TV show when I was growing up

NO daisy duke :-( however if it offends take down why offend anyone

Racism or resisting arrest? u really have ask that question? its not even debatable!

my question is what was the female officer doing wen the other cop is fighting with him? wat a fukn joke she is! she cud hav takn his legs out wen he had his back turned to her. fukn coward! can u imagine if it was her alone? lol the dude wud have simply walked away or beat the shiit out of her.

I guess they don't carry tasters in the NYPD.

So how about this article/video? Racism or resisting arrest?

Finally, a video proves that hero cop did the right thing | New York Post

Racism or resisting arrest? u really have ask that question? its not even debatable!

my question is what was the female officer doing wen the other cop is fighting with him? wat a fukn joke she is! she cud hav takn his legs out wen he had his back turned to her. fukn coward! can u imagine if it was her alone? lol the dude wud have simply walked away or beat the shiit out of her.

I guess they don't carry tasters in the NYPD.

I thought they were pretty lax trying to make the arrest. My hidden agenda was that from the arrested person's and the other filming everything, they seen it as abuse by the officer. "I got everything on camera!" Yeah you did, the officer thanks you for that!

yep!!

11704821_10153969773476521_8897906045791055480_n.jpg

lol I was thinkn the exact same thing. he's yelling out "I got this on camera" and I'm saying good make sure you upload that to utube asap lol.

I thought they were pretty lax trying to make the arrest. My hidden agenda was that from the arrested person's and the other filming everything, they seen it as abuse by the officer. "I got everything on camera!" Yeah you did, the officer thanks you for that!

I guess their gonna have to remove ALL of Lynard Skynard records now which happens to be my favorite band of all time and they have REAL southern roots and they have NOTHING to do with racism. smh. see where this becomes a slippery slope.....

Lynyrd-Skynyrd-Rebel-Flag-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back