Racial Tension in SC is undeniable! Do you think the flag should be removed?

Should Confederate Flag be removed from Gov't Buildings in SC?

• Yes

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • No

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To ad a bit here...

The KKK using the Confederate flag or American flag is like the one church organization Westboro using the cross as their religious symbol and Christianity as their faith. Just cause they use it doesn't make the cross a thing of hate or the religion. After all Westboro certain is a hate group targeting everyone to move their agender of hate towards the gay community. How someone hasn't rid their existence off the face of the earth yet is beyond me. But that's another topic.

Read the AG's report on Ferguson.

How about posting a link? Been asked how many times you say something?

Let me say this in response to when police start giving out tickets for stupid stuff like Jay walking. It's usually in response to a problem at hand. Get out of the street. I've seen punks take their sweet time and even holding up traffic because they don't give a crap. You are correct, in certain locations certain things occur. Young adults/kids think they own the roads designed for traffic and hold up traffic because they can get away with it. I'm not talking about rolling down the block and kids playing some hoop and finishing up their play. I'm talking about hanging out on the street doing nothing but talking forcing traffic to go around or wait. So after many complaints and yes the complaints start rolling in, the police are forced to take action. People start getting tickets and blaming the police to targeting them.

"All we were doing was hanging out" They came and busted our balls and told us to get off the street and then came back half hour later and get us these here tickets" "F the police!" So now it's the polices fault.

Where did the encounter in Fergerson start? In the middle of the street where the your adults were walking. Imagine that. Hell the officer was still in his squad car when the encounter started. The young adult reached in and struggle started. Unless my memory is failing me(very possible), I think that's how it all started. Remember the officer was responding to a violent crime call where the person who committed the crime had a weapon. Again like the video I last linked. People are ignorant to the laws and that's no excuse.

Smart for NASCAR to feel out the crowd on how much an impact of banning the flag will effect them.

Last edited by a moderator:
% of the 12% of African Americans don't see
ur painting a VERY large brush here wen only a very small fraction of the population associates that flag with hate and racism. the other 95% just see it as southern pride.

and the US flag has not always represented freedom. it flew over a slave nation for almost 90 years!!! slaves were not free so the US certainly did not represent freedom. the northerners made a FORTUNE off of slavery so slavery was not just a southern thing either.

the confederate battle flag was simply just that a battle flag!!!!! it was not a national flag, the US flag was the national flag and it represented slavery for many decades.

I going to have to call BS on the "95% see the flag as southern pride." I know for a fact we don't so at least 90%+ of African Americans don't see that. And I'm pretty sure Asians, Hispanics and many Whites don't either. So I don't see how you get to 95% unless you mean 95% of white Americans.

While it is true that the US flag flew over slaves they did fight to free them while the confederates fought to keep them slaves. Yes this is a simplification of this issue but I'm not going to go into a 3-4 page defense of this point.

The movie "Crash" really presents the way many feel about police: they are heroes and villians all at the same time.

How about posting a link? Been asked how many times you say something?

I didn't post a link as is pretty its pretty easy to find this with a google search. If people really wanted to review all of the information this would not be a problem. However if you only want to see information supporting your point of view, here is a link for you:

Attorney General Holder Delivers Update on Investigations in Ferguson, Missouri | OPA | Department of Justice

I watch Fox news in the morning and MSNBC at night. I also listen to the Patriot, Urban View & Progressive channels on XM in the car. You have to monitor all of these outlets. Obama is awesome. He knew there was no way to charge the cop in the Mike Brown shooting so he went after the department and delivered the first proof of what Blacks have been saying for years.

thats because black ppl have a racist view of the flag. white ppl do not. so who really is the racist here? and I really liked crash lol. I like wen the black dude was talkn about riding the bus and the other dude points out why buses have such large windows so everyone can see you riding the bus lmao....

% of the 12% of African Americans don't see

I going to have to call BS on the "95% see the flag as southern pride." I know for a fact we don't so at least 90%+ of African Americans don't see that. And I'm pretty sure Asians, Hispanics and many Whites don't either. So I don't see how you get to 95% unless you mean 95% of white Americans.

While it is true that the US flag flew over slaves they did fight to free them while the confederates fought to keep them slaves. Yes this is a simplification of this issue but I'm not going to go into a 3-4 page defense of this point.

The movie "Crash" really presents the way many feel about police: they are heroes and villians all at the same time.

TY for the link, very interesting read. Might say somewhat eye opening.

One thing I said back when we were debating (lol) the Mike Brown shooting was that I wonder why Brown reacted so aggressively over the cop stopping them for walking in the street. Note in the report how J-walking was a major source of the harassment stops. Also I saw somewhere that there weren't sidewalks on the area where Brown was stopped. Not saying that justifies reaching for a Cops gun in his car but does make more sense.

And what the F*** does that have to do with the Battle Flag? Progressive Liberals have hijacked history and brainwashed folks like you into thinking the Flag has something to do with today's current problems. Let's just conveniently ignore the facts that black folks commit a disproportionate amount of violent crimes in this country. All the main stream media completely ignored the group of over 50 BLACK thugs raiding the Walmart in Georgia. Al Sharpton only cares when white folks commit a crime against black folks and never says anything about the daily shootings in Chicago or Baltimore. This crap has got to stop and its your own skin color folks who are crying foul all the while they are the ones bringing this country to its knees. Buck up and act like citizens and you will be treated as such. Act like thugs and things will go accordingly. Total friggin bull****. Obama is doing a great job of dividing this country and continuing the racial divide.

Look i'm just plain tired of the misinformation on blacks committing more crimes than whites and blah blah blah...Some of you are borderline delusional and you need to look at the FBI's website on violent crimes in the U.S. before stating some of this dumb **** y'all are saying...yes this has nothing to do with the battle flag but it has everything to do with you saying this retarded mess about minorities in the U.S. specifically Blacks! https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43 I hope you are not a police officer because your profiling/stereotyping bull**** is crazy!

I'm gonna suggest every one back away from the keyboard on this one. You guys disagree. No amount of your keyboard Kung fu is going to change anything...just give it a rest for an evening or two. Maybe take a ride?

I laid off the keyboard and haven't typed in a while...but damn i don't know how this thread went from confederate flag on a gov't building yes or no to people just stereotyping the hell out of blacks...there are good and bad people of all ethnicities...just sad...but on another note i'm about to go for a ride! Ride safe :beerchug:

I laid off the keyboard and haven't typed in a while...but damn i don't know how this thread went from confederate flag on a gov't building yes or no to people just stereotyping the hell out of blacks...there are good and bad people of all ethnicities...just sad...but on another note i'm about to go for a ride! Ride safe :beerchug:

How long have you been around here? Lol

How long have you been around here? Lol

Not long on the org but the entire time on the thread really...just interesting to see people's perspectives on things and everyone has a right and i respect most perspectives but the dumb ignorant ones like bianca and someone else i can't remember right now that say blacks kill each other and so do whites kill each other so what the hell is your point?!? it is at a higher rate in black communities, well according to fbi.gov violent crimes are high amongst whites too...i just don't get it...but whatever...all i know is we have come a long way in society but there are still some that are still stuck back there in the past somewhere...:whistle:

Look i'm just plain tired of the misinformation on blacks committing more crimes than whites and blah blah blah...Some of you are borderline delusional and you need to look at the FBI's website on violent crimes in the U.S. before stating some of this dumb **** y'all are saying...yes this has nothing to do with the battle flag but it has everything to do with you saying this retarded mess about minorities in the U.S. specifically Blacks! https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43 I hope you are not a police officer because your profiling/stereotyping bull**** is crazy!

If you do a little math and look at those numbers on a per capita basis, they do not support your point at all. Actually, they tell a very different story.

Not long on the org but the entire time on the thread really...just interesting to see people's perspectives on things and everyone has a right and i respect most perspectives but the dumb ignorant ones like bianca and someone else i can't remember right now that say blacks kill each other and so do whites kill each other so what the hell is your point?!? it is at a higher rate in black communities, well according to fbi.gov violent crimes are high amongst whites too...i just don't get it...but whatever...all i know is we have come a long way in society but there are still some that are still stuck back there in the past somewhere...:whistle:

You do know what percentages are right?
If blacks only make up 13-17% of the population depending on which study you use yet commit more murders than all other races combined what does that tell you? By your own posted link they committed 52.2% of the murders in 2013 yet are less than 20% of the population. When was the last time an inner city which is mostly white had over forty murders in less than a weeks time? Your link mentions nothing about actual percent of population which if factored in shows a vastly different perspective on things. It's that way with all the violent crimes listed in those tables. 2/10 of the population committting more than 50% of the crimes paints a different picture. I'm not stuck anywhere but in reality.
That's not ignorant, that's fact.

If you do a little math and look at those numbers on a per capita basis, they do not support your point at all. Actually, they tell a very different story.

Typical response....no need to debate there are more whites than blacks in U.S. and blah blah blah...all i'm saying is when i specifically read from someone's post(Bianca)"This crap has got to stop and its your own skin color folks who are crying foul all the while they are the ones bringing this country to its knees." It is extremely offensive and it is just flat out saying Black's are crippling our country...Like I said and if you read the bottom of the FBI's website page it says:

Arrests, by Race, 2013
In 2013, 68.9 percent of all individuals arrested were white, 28.3 percent were black, and 2.9 percent were of other races.
Of all juveniles (persons under the age of 18) arrested in 2013, 63.0 percent were white, 34.4 percent were black, and 2.7 percent were of other races.
Of all adults arrested in 2013, 69.6 percent were white, 27.6 percent were black, and 2.9 percent were of other races.
White individuals were arrested more often for violent crimes than individuals of any other race and accounted for 58.4 percent of those arrests.
Of adults arrested for murder, 52.1 percent were black, and 45.5 percent were white.
Black juveniles comprised 53.3 percent of all juveniles arrested for violent crimes. White juveniles accounted for 59.7 percent of all juveniles arrested for property crimes.
Of juveniles arrested for drug abuse violations, 73.0 percent were white.
White juveniles comprised 54.4 percent of juveniles arrested for aggravated assaults.

Obviously It is not just "Blacks" that are crippling our country...Crime is committed by all ethnicities and "Bad People & Lazy People" are the ones crippling our country...Just plain ridiculous some of the statements you see on this thread...Also because there are "More Caucasians" in the U.S. there are more on Welfare than Blacks...this is just stupid....like i said I just wanted the thread to be about the GOVERNMENT FLYING A FLAG THAT IS IN CONTROVERSY BECAUSE OF RECENT EVENTS and it turns into blacks are this and that...Kick Rocks :moon:

And by the way I'm mixed with African American(father 27yrs Army Retired) & Korean(mother) and my Fiance is Caucasian...For those who are wondering

Sorry if you don't understand the disparity in the numbers, but know that it's significant.

And by the way I'm mixed with African American(father 27yrs Army Retired) & Korean(mother) and my Fiance is Caucasian...For those who are wondering

Don't care.

Now where are those rocks to kick..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back