Race Ready Panels

Rich

Registered
About a year ago I sent my panels to raceready to get painted and they did not turn out that good,they peeled and stuff. So about a month ago I recieved a letter in the mail stating that the guy that did my panels did not know what he was doing. So it stated that if I sent him my panels again he would redo them and send them back to me for nothing. So I sent them to him and just got them back, they look good and the lines match up good. Granted they are not sanded smooth like alot of the other ones that you see but for the price they are very good. So if you can't afford 3-400$$ then these ones are 100-125?. So that is not that bad.

Ya that is what he did. They are good for the price. He does the inners for (I believe) 125 and I have been seeing the inners being painted for 300 (that inclued being sanded and look like the other panels). The race ready ones are prepped and then painted the same color and matches up with the paint lines that are already on the bike.

Thanks! I am probably not looking to have that done right now, but if you could post this guy's info I know I would appreciate it!

Some guys have complained that their paint has chipped and that the paint lines don't match well. Race Ready did mine about 9 months ago and one side is perfect, the other side has a paint line mis-match of about 1/8". The paint quality is otherwise good and mine haven't chipped after taking them off and putting them back on 4 or 5 times. I'm not advertising for them, just reporting my experience.

The small picture on their first web site page is my silver `02 which I gave them permission to use. Race Ready

<!--EDIT|WarBaby
Reason for Edit: "&quot;Typo&quot;"|1082200407 -->

Same with me WB. I am just letting my experience be known. I thought that it was cool that he redid them for free.

Same with me WB.  I am just letting my experience be known.  I thought that it was cool that he redid them for free.
Hey Rich,

You were on time with all that info. I got a letter in the mail last week sometime. I have two sets of panels, and I will send one set to Race Ready and have them paint it one solid color. I had a painter friend of mine do my inners in all silver. I have the '02 silver/gray and the solid color is the shiznit. Chris sands them and uses the flex additive that keeps the paint from cracking when the panels are bent. He does awesome work and he only charges $160 to do them. If my damn computer would get a case of the 'act-right', then I could post pics of the inners that he painted for me. His panels are the same quality as Gixx1300 (Nick Smith) panels. He put my panels out in three days, and that's because he's local. I'd bet the turnaround time for panels would be no longer than a week. Also helps that I live only five minutes from him and also that I'm 6'5" and have my own patented choke hold called "the meatgrinder!"
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Brian

That is cool definately get some pics up. 160 is a good price. Nick was charging 300 for them. I could not see getting mine done for that price. I am waiting on mine right now. The guy that painted my bike did my whole bike including tire hugger and the black wrinkler panels for 500$! So I am fine for now.

That is cool definately get some pics up.  160 is a good price.  Nick was charging 300 for them.  I could not see getting mine done for that price.  I am waiting on mine right now.  The guy that painted my bike did my whole bike including tire hugger and the black wrinkler panels for 500$!  So I am fine for now.
No words about your bike Rich. I'll just
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

That is cool definately get some pics up.  160 is a good price.  Nick was charging 300 for them.  I could not see getting mine done for that price.  I am waiting on mine right now.  The guy that painted my bike did my whole bike including tire hugger and the black wrinkler panels for 500$!  So I am fine for now.
Hey Rich,

You know I have really been considering putting on a hugger, but I want one that doesn't have the attached chainguard. I already have the custome Hayabusa chainguard and it's chrome, so I don't want to get rid of it. If I remember right, Mototek had them, but they discontinued selling them according to their website.

Brian

Ya I think that you are right. I would like one like that as well. The one that I have is the one with the attatched chain gaurd.

I will be putting that chain guard on with the undertail next week. I'm just really looking into chroming, so I may have to come up with something else.

Back