R77 Slip-ons and PC3: Any Point?

RatherBusa

Registered
So, I went with the Yoshimura R77 slip-ons a while back and am still quite happy with that decision over the full exhaust setup.

That said, any point in adding a PC3 to the mix? Figured it would smooth out the power overall.

I didn't see a map for the non-European slip-ons on the site, though.

it will definately "smoothen out" your bike, jsut with a downloaded map (or the slightly upgraded map it comes with) then u can get tuned for a little more hp.

it will definately "smoothen out" your bike, jsut with a downloaded map (or the slightly upgraded map it comes with) then u can get tuned for a little more hp.

What do you mean by smoothen out? The power feels pretty smooth to begin with... trying to justify $300+

Pretty easy to install?

What do you mean by smoothen out? The power feels pretty smooth to begin with... trying to justify $300+

Pretty easy to install?

Oh yeah, like I was saying, couldn't find a map specific for my bike/exhaust. You're saying it'll still be better with any map?

I would say with slip-ons, there is no need to buy a PC. A lot of the older FI bikes didn't have the great set up that the k8 does. Unless, you can have the PC tuned, you will more than likely degrade the performance with a downloaded map just for slip-ons.
The stock k8 has a very smooth response. And I can't see trying to justify a PC with over the counter maps for a maybe performance increase. unless you buy a Brocks system with PC and they provide a hot map for the K8.

It is arguable whether a full system will benefit much from a PCIII and IMO slip-on are more for looks and sound than all out performance so I'd say skip the PC.

There was a guy that dynoed his 08 20 min before me, he had Yosh TRC slipons, filter, PCIII... untuned it made 164, tuned to 168. Mine made 167 with just the R77 slipons... don't waste your money on a PCIII unless your doing a full system with filter or more.

Back