Yosh R77 Slip-Ons and Idle Adjustment

pohl99

Banned
Just got Yoshimura R-77 Slip-Ons installed. Three thoughts:

(1) What was Suzuki thinking when they mounted those ginormous pieces of metal crap to this bike?
(2) Wow! I just love the new sound. Are people looking at me because I am just another annoying, loud motorcycle now? Ha! Yes!
(3) I'm digging the new look.

... and maybe it seems more powerful too!

One thing I noticed was that the idle seems a little high- just over 1K mark.

Do I need to adjust the idle? If so, how?

Thanks!

Going off of memory, they suggest that idle is around 1100-1250. I know it is over 1000. Sounds like you are fine there.

Just got Yoshimura R-77 Slip-Ons installed.  Three thoughts:

(1)  What was Suzuki thinking when they mounted those ginormous pieces of metal crap to this bike?
(2)  Wow!  I just love the new sound.  Are people looking at me because I am just another annoying, loud motorcycle now?  Ha!  Yes!
(3)  I'm digging the new look.

One thing I noticed was that the idle seems  a little high- just over 1K mark.

Do I need to adjust the idle?  If so, how?  

Thanks!
kool i just got mine today. so they sound pretty nice huh?

Just got Yoshimura R-77 Slip-Ons installed.  Three thoughts:

(1)  What was Suzuki thinking when they mounted those ginormous pieces of metal crap to this bike?
(2)  Wow!  I just love the new sound.  Are people looking at me because I am just another annoying, loud motorcycle now?  Ha!  Yes!
(3)  I'm digging the new look.

One thing I noticed was that the idle seems  a little high- just over 1K mark.

Do I need to adjust the idle?  If so, how?  

Thanks!
kool i just got mine today. so they sound pretty nice huh?
Sounds reallllly cool!

Makes your bike feel so much more powerful, if not actually more powerful.

I took the baffles out, BTW. One suggestion here - after you pull out the rubber plugs, hold the muffler with the head of allen bolt facing toward the ground and remove the bolt upside down. This way you prevent losing it somewhere in the tip and having to shake it out of the small opening - very annoying.

Other things:

- you don't use gaskets with these. I was under the impression that you should re-use the old ones or get news ones, but you don't in fact need any at all as far as I could tell.
- rivets not needed
- don't have to remove any plastics, just remove allen bolt on right side holding some plastic in the way. This was you can move the plastic out of the way with your hand and get to header collection clamp.

Other than that, very easy install!

Back