quote of the week

I knew a guy like that years ago when it was still legal to ride without a helmet in Washington. He had a crash bumped his head and has been a cabbage ever since.

Deano-

Hey, come on guys...that guy is right.

If you are going 200mph and hit a tree head on with a helmet, your neck is going to snap like a twig. Therefore the helmet caused your neck to snap. Dangerous things those helmets are......

muppet
laugh.gif

I'm almost embarrassed to admit it, but I used to believe that tripe too along with a long list of othre tidbits of crap.

But that was a different lifetime ago, of course!

--Wag--

I just tell those guys  

"Yeah, now that you mention it, I can see that pencil neck of yours wouldn't be able to hold up a helmet..."

That usually shuts them up, but if it doesn't, I say something to the effect of :  "Well thanks for the info - I guess I'll call MotoGP and every other race sanctioning body and tell them that after all these years of proving that helmets and gear save lives - by watching high-speed get offs and having the rider get up and run over to try to get back on the bike - that they have been endangering the riders lives..."  

Then I shake my head and walk away
Don't even waste your time talking to a guy who believes riding w/out a helmet is safer. Just plain IGNORANT!!!

Back