Laconia NH Bike week

RX1Jim

Registered
I spent the weekend at a friend's house in Laconia, NH. This past week was the annual bike event at Laconia. Spent a lot of time at Weirs Beach where all the bikes gather. Man was I a minority, 99% Harley's and only a handfull of sport bikes. I counted only 6 Busas in 2 days. I was amazed at how few people wore any protective equiment at all. Most of the sport bike riders had on a decent amount of gear, very few Harley riders had any gear on, many wearing only shorts, t shirts and flip flops. Made me cringe to see people riding like that at highway speeds. All of the vendors, other than the food, and clothing vendors, catered to the Harley types, nothing for us sport bike folks. Lot's of expensive bikes though. It was still fun to attend. Went for a few rides around the bike lake and surrounding area, beautiful area.

You counted mine and kenny's (Busaga) we were parked in the front row on the left side last year we had 6 next year lets make it 12

busa.org2.jpg

Thats pretty much the norm for this event - Rice is a minority! There were quite a few busas there on Saturday. Mine and my running mates. As for the gear, most that are local will bail on the gear to keep comfortable. I still had my lid and stuff on though. I have been going to Bike Week for over 20 years (I live local). Its getting tamer and more family orientated as the time goes on. I also think they stated that the biker crowd is getting older too.

Back