quote of the week

diesel

Registered
My nieghbor with the Harley was just explaining to me how dangerous helmets are becuase the weight of them causes neck injuries!

I really didn't know what to say to that. And to think how much $ I WASTED on our expensive helmets and gear. He's one of the guys who pulls up to bike nights with flip flops and shorts on his cruiser, slams down 5-6 beers and bitches about how dangerous sportbikes are.

There is nothing to say to that....besides....if there were?...it would only encourage him to continue speaking.
rock.gif

My nieghbor with the Harley was just explaining to me how dangerous helmets are becuase the weight of them causes neck injuries!

I really didn't know what to say to that. And to think how much $ I WASTED on our expensive helmets and gear. He's one of the guys who pulls up to bike nights with flip flops and shorts on his cruiser, slams down 5-6 beers and bitches about how dangerous sportbikes are.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That guy has got to just be a treat!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Hey your neighbor wouldnt happen to be that guy in your avatar would it? He needs to lay off the heineken when he gets on his hog.

's what happens when ya get too much in-breeding.....

Retard.:p

I just tell those guys  

"Yeah, now that you mention it, I can see that pencil neck of yours wouldn't be able to hold up a helmet..."

That usually shuts them up, but if it doesn't, I say something to the effect of :  "Well thanks for the info - I guess I'll call MotoGP and every other race sanctioning body and tell them that after all these years of proving that helmets and gear save lives - by watching high-speed get offs and having the rider get up and run over to try to get back on the bike - that they have been endangering the riders lives..."  

Then I shake my head and walk away

<!--EDIT|pward76
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127680121 -->

Much like the fat chicks they seem to love to carry on the back.

Just ask them why Nascar drivers wear helmets. That should shut him up. He actually sounds like a good friend of mine, but dudes incredibley misinformed on sportbikes. After many useless excuses, his best for sticking to Hardley was "Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha. They're the ones that brought you Pearl Harbor." Of course, this is the same guy that got mad when he was going to buy a Del-slo to turbocharge and the guy selling backed out.
rock.gif

Hey, at least the fat chicks are a safety cushion.... no?
rock.gif

Hehehehehe.... I guess that's why he's on a hardley and not a Busa
wink.gif

It is true to a certian extent. That if the helmets not on and loose and it gets a gust of wind under it that it could snap the neck, but then its the riders fault for not having it properly fitted. Ive heard the same thing from the Harley riders i know to but id just nod to have em shut up.

It is true to a certian extent. That if the helmets not on and loose and it gets a gust of wind under it that it could snap the neck
Yeah, ....actually I hear of that happening quite a bit......

I'm going to walk over to his house with a baseball bat and my helmet and ask him if he wants to wear it or not while I bash it upside his left ear.

You know what I would say.....I would just be like you know what man you are probably right. You have more expertiece on crash statistics and research than the DOT does. I mean they only recommend we wear them to dwindle down the population by all the broken necks from "WIND SNAPS". Good lord.

the weight of the helmet helps with the wind foce that you get when doing 160+"on a closed course by a professional ...do not attempt at home" the weight keeps you from getting major whiplash to counter the effect so that the proper balance can occur to further your enjoyment of riding........ of course a harley only does little of 80 so there is not enough wind foce to need counterbalance...
laugh.gif

There is no limit to the stupidity you will hear from a Hardly Ableson owner. I now guys where I work that ride Hardly Ablesons and wear all the leather they can find but then put on a DooRag with no helmet. Buncha' posers. And when they bring on that crap about being American made I always break it off in their a$$ by pointing out all the things on their Hardly's that is made oversea's. Like the brakes, electrical components, tires, FI system/carbs and so much more. They don't like to hear that but cannot deny it either. For several years Harley is no more American made than most other bikes out there. They are just built here in the USA with an abundance of oversea's parts.

poke.gif

Back