quick question

I just got done throwing my engine together ... I really don't see how it is possible to replace that seal without splitting the case! its not a regular pop in seal.. there is about 1/4" edges holding from simply popping out.

Alex.

That makes me wonder if putting a slice from the center to the edge might be the way to getting it out. "THEN", warm up the new one in a water bath until gummy-pliable and slipping it in with a wee bit of sealant on the inside case radius. Of course, you're going to have to fish the indented edge in before flopping the rest of the radius. A quarter turn, when in, should make the sealant perfect... :super:

I stand corrected, as I just read another post on this topic. Professor says the case "has" to be split to replace this seal.....

case definitely has to be split to replace the seal properly...you can use pliable silicone as previously stated to seal one up for a temporary fix...

yes make sure its engine oil and not clutch fluid...I have seen the clutch slave cylinders leak before.

Hi, Im replacing this seal on a busa sandrail.
Just got my new one in and chewed the stock one up trying to get it out.
The seal itself doesnt have a lip but the two case halves do.
What exactly has to come off to split the cases? I just bought this rail with this seal already damaged :(
thanks

06 hayabusa clutch problems

i have a 06 hayabusa and the push rod wont go in for some reason..instead it pushed the sprocket cover out a little and cracked it... maybe its the washer between the push rod and the other rod that goes in the clutch??? help!

Back