Quick question

i have plugged m/c tires and had no problems, even at high speeds. but ride at your own risk
biggrin.gif
+1

I had an old GS 750 one time that had a fast leak in the front tire. I was trying to limp it home by stopping at every gas station and refilling it, when I got about half way home everything "seemed fine" then I decided to stop and take a look at it just to be safe. BIG mistake! Bead broke at about 25mph and went into the worst tankslapper I have ever had (and I have had lots). Lucky to bring it to a stop without dumping it or dislocating my shoulder. Last time I chance it with a supect tire!

My front tire blew doing 155 MPH.
It was not patched....
I`m still here only because it was my car, not bike....
that was very unpleasant expirience let me tell you....

And I think pached tires absolutely perfect for....... smokey burnouts....

My rear tire got puntured by some sort of stable, could've of been one of those industrial type staple at that and to be honest with you I really don't trust it...Picked up a rear and getting it replaced tomorrow...Go with a new rear, don't take that chance...

A few tire manufacturers say you can use a patch/plug combo, however the tire loses its speed rating and should never exceed 80 mph.

I would trust one but only for normal riding.  A properly installed plug/combo will never leak or fall out but if a cord was cut the tire could self destruct at high speeds.
100% Grade A Correct!

My rear tire got puntured by some sort of stable, could've of been one of those industrial type staple at that and to be honest with you I really don't trust it...Picked up a rear and getting it replaced tomorrow...Go with a new rear, don't take that chance...
but you still have 45% tread left!!! I want that tire.

Back