blasted nails

slpstream

Registered
Wouldn't you freakin know it 1500 miles and a fargin nail kills my rear tire, son of a -----. I've used up whole tires and never got one before is this part of the curse? Rained the first 2 weeks I got it Okay I can live with that, but the dang tire now 200 bucks down the tubes there goes the savings for the pipes, was half way there, but not now.

does anyone believe in patches? kinda silly I think. no I won't patch it, but am still P.Od.

Wouldn't you freakin know it 1500 miles and a fargin nail kills my rear tire, son of a -----. I've used up whole tires and never got one before is this part of the curse? Rained the first 2 weeks I got it Okay I can live with that, but the dang tire now 200 bucks down the tubes there goes the savings for the pipes, was half way there, but not now.

does anyone believe in patches? kinda silly I think. no I won't patch it, but am still P.Od.
Yeah I'd be flamed too. Sorry Bud.

Never had a patch on a motorcycle tire but I did drive around with a patch in the rear tire of my IROC almost 12 years ago. Someone stabbed the sidewall after I got them and I paid entirely too much to get another so they took it off and put a patch in it. Held up under some pretty hard abuse.

Only used a patch kit long enough to get you somewhere that you can put a new tire on.

yeah a patch doesn't go over too well with me either,

A local shop sells a 200 BT for 225 installed, does this seem like a deal? the dealer wants 245 + 49.95 for a 190(stock size)
the larger size shouldn't affect handling too bad should it?

There really isn't many curves here so turning is not much of a concern.
What do yall think?

Your stock tire is 198, so not much difference b/w it and the 200.

I've had dozens of car tires patched without any problems (yeah, I went through a streak of nail flats on the car). The local shop only charged $8 to patch, so it made sense. I don't know if I'd trust it on a bike tire since it seems that they flex alot more than the car tires. Also, if you're paying the shop to R&R the rear tire and it doesn't work, you'll end up spending more in labor than the tire costs doing it twice.

Man, it goes with the territory of riding. It has happened to me two or three times. I have only patched tires long enough to get to the shop and get the $200 di<K service, with no reach around or kiss !! The worst feeling is when it happens to a relatively new tire. But $200 is faw lower than how much I value my personal safety. No one said it gonna be cheap feeding this love for bikes.

My bike has 9000 miles on it and I'm on the 5th rear tire. The roads seem to be littered with nails, maybe it's because of all the post hurricane construction thats been going on for the last year. I don't know.

Kevin

Back