Anybody Used One of these ?

You can buy all that at your local Super Walmart in the motorcycle section.  I bought the plug kit which was $8.00 and even came with a case.  Instead of that lame CO2 inflator I bought a small 12 volt air compressor that's about the same size as a CO2 inflator and 3 canisters.  Compressor cost $10 and you can use it indefinitely.  The compressor is more awkward in that it's all one piece, but it does fit snuggly in the storage area.

Common sense, the plugs are just for emergency use only.  I would keep it below 60 mph.  A professionally installed mushroom plug is fine but the tire loses it's speed rating and you're not supposed to go over 85 mph.  A plug that is installed right is vulcanized in and will never in a million years come flying out or leak.  The concern comes from the nail doing damage to a cord or belt, you can have a weak spot that will cause the tire to disintegrate at high speeds.  Think of your Busa as the Space Shuttle...one missing tile can have devastating results.
laugh.gif
how true

I have used this product for some time and it works great on the bike or a car. Mushroom head plugs work great. I had one on a Busa tire for 4000 miles and never had a problem with it even at speeds. (A rear tire! I would only plug a front to get home and then change it)

It is also a great price.

http://www.stopngo.com/Contents/1001.asp

Tire repair kit.
I m thinking about buying one .

Yesterday ,I went for a ride and caught a 2 inch nail on my rear tire . Lucky , my tire is new and the nail only went horizontal. I still had to cut my ride short . Didn't want the chance of a flat in the middle of nowhere.
sad.gif
Where can you get that from?
cyclegear carries them ...another place local to me is pitposse.com

repair kit ...spoons etc... http://www.pitposse.com/tichirac.html

I was a manager of a tire shop when I was in college. We repaired flats on auto tires on a daily basis. Keep in mind that if a repair fails on a car, you still have three other tires to keep you from wrecking.

The repair kit for bikes are for a temp fix. Don't tell me tires are so expensive that you would rather run another thousand miles on a plug. Just wait till one of the plugs starts a slow leak and you dont realize it. The heat build up on tires after air pressure drops is amazing. It breaks down the integrity of the sidewall and then guess what happens. You blow a tire and start tumbling down the road.

No thanks. I will just buy a new tire.

I don't want to look like this guy. He wrecked his bike at like 85 mph.

Pic was NWS... deleted...

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138843777 -->

HAVE YOU ALL LOST THE PLOT!!!. THEM THING,S ARE LEATTLE!!!!! OK TO GET YOU HOME...... ONCE YOUR HOME GET A NEW TIRE.... END OF.  MAD I SAY THE LOT OF YA......

<!--EDIT|saddle tramp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138841483 -->

I don't want to look like this guy. He wrecked his bike at like 85 mph.[/QUOTE]

Uh huh...even though that pic is a debunked photchop from who knows what, it still doesn't belong here.

HAVE YOU ALL LOST THE PLOT!!!. THEM THING,S ARE LEATTLE!!!!! OK TO GET YOU HOME...... ONCE YOUR HOME GET A NEW TIRE.... END OFF. MAD I SAY THE LOT OF YA......
I've use them, and the best I've found is the BMW kit. But like said above, use'em to get home or YOU'LL BE SORRY
sad.gif
O YA YOU SEE NOW.........LAD,S I TOLD YA
Hello neighbour.....

PS Turn your caps lock off..
smile.gif

It is real pic, just not of a moto accident. It is from a fall.
Yep that too.

That guy sure has bad luck with getting giant splinters from:
Falling off a roof
Being ejected from the bed of a truck
Being ejected through the windshield of a truck
Wrecking a motorcycle

and then there was that dreadful day when he was skydiving and the damn parachute that didn't fully open.
sad.gif

I don't want to look like this guy.  He wrecked his bike at like 85 mph.

Uh huh...even though that pic is a debunked photchop from who knows what, it still doesn't belong here.[/QUOTE]
Sorry if the photo offended anyone. Wasnt the intent.

Got the photo and the news story off of a W. Va. news website. If its a photochop, I didn't know. So, again my apologies.

But the fact remains, I wouldn't use a plug for more than to get me to a shop for a new tire

Back