Quick How-To T.R.E. Install w/PICS

bike wasn't shutting down, just felt choppy in low gears and low rpms like the fuel/air ratio was way off.

and this fixed it.

so either a TRE works? or Magically by flipping up the gastank and removing the front seat the bike fixed itself:confused2:

Or the TRE is just masking a problem you are having by dumping more fuel in at low RPMs. Throttle bodies could be out of sync, idle speed too low, etc.

Could be, my idle is around 1200±100. Might be the throttle bodies, I do run a pcIII, full akro and velocity stacks, I am gunna download a new map from powercommander and see how that works.
Posted via Mobile Device

downside is that you run 5th gear fueling tables in all gears, which for max performance is the wrong direction to go.

+1 I installed it ran the 5 th gear map for about 4 months then returned it back to normal. I left it on normal feels better imo. If it's the 186 cap you are trying to get around there are other ways around it:laugh:
before the install I was having issues with the engine "cutting out" at low RPMs and low gears.

Tre shouldn't have anything to do with it imo, there is or was something else going on there. :dunno:

But I like the gear indicator :cheerleader: my bad you didn't the gear indicator combo

Last edited:
Thanks for the great step by step!
Installing a TRE without a doubt "cured" the hesitation ocurring at low RPM throttle roll ons and general somewhat general erratic low RPM throttle response I was getting.
No change in performance just smoother shifts and no concern in slow turns.

The TRE idea made sense to me as I noticed when the bike was cold there was no problem.
As I understand it from the manual, the Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor advances the timing (via the ECM) until it is warm. Then the timing is retarded in gears 1 - 4 and the problems ocurred.

The TRE solved the timing issue, solving the performance issue.

I have never believed in the "Silver Bullit" repair but I had literraly done everything else to make my Busa run kinder in the city with no success.

The only engine/tuning mods done are a full Akro System, PCIII, PAIR removed, Air Box Mod and K&N.

PK Busa

Back