Quick disconnect wheelie bars any interest?

I was looking at this one with interest this weekend.

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT

I just think you should look into it:whistle:

I wasn't knocking bars on a RACE bike. But, it's always been the view of most racers that street bikes with bars are, well...... stupid. Just putting it out there. It's the view of almost every person I've ever known way of thought at the track.
If you show up with bars, you better be able to haul the mail.

Last edited:
Doesnt seem to be of enough interest, you see I own a cnc prototype shop and once in a while I look for a new idea to build and possibly produce, until a company takes it over, but first thing is to check the interest. I will check back to see if it ends up being worth while, and yeah there is no worrie about it being stout or accurite I am a certified tig welder/medical and have been in the medical tooling field for 22years and have a shop that can hold tolerances of .0005 and better. It is just that time where my ongoing projects are all complete and I am looking for another project. This is my hobby regular job is medical/tooling.

the thing is for that to work correctly we would have to run the strut and not the shock to get the most out of the bar, and believe me the solid strut sux on the street...no fun, i think that would be the downfall of your idea although i like where your going...:thumbsup:

I will give this one more thought. Anyone have any type of quick pin in frame lock?

I haven't seen one. A strut or something to lock it up would be mandatory. All I have seen was a strut to replace the rear shock. Nothing very quick about it.

I haven't seen one. A strut or something to lock it up would be mandatory. All I have seen was a strut to replace the rear shock. Nothing very quick about it.

I will look into this tonight what are your thoughts of an idea of something simple to lock frame without needing tools to do?

that is sweet, you think of buying or just looking?????

It was not for sale. It belongs to a PMRA racer from Texas. But I have been thinking about building one like that for some time. I've seen a few. They run low 8's with a stock Gen I motor. Most use a small shot to get them to run 8.00 or so and time it to run the class index.

That one has a Gen II engine with carbs. I'd like to do a stock Gen II, autoshift it adjusting the shift points to run a 8.90 index. Then with a 1441 kit I could easily do the same thing to run a 8.20 index without spray. A stock Gen II should run close to the 8.20 index on a good day, but the insurance would help.

I will look into this tonight what are your thoughts of an idea of something simple to lock frame without needing tools to do?

The simplest way I can think of would be to tie the spool mounts to the exaust hangers. I'm just worried that it would not be stong enough. With the right design software the loads could be calculated based on the current rear spring rate/travel. A plate could also be built to lock the linkage. You would have to make custom fastners to alloww a quick install. It would be a problem to allow for different bike heights. The first method would depend on what swingarm they are running, some extended ones drop the spool mounts.

Yeah busa is nice. Do you buy fairings like that or do you have to get them specially made?

Koenig sell one of the nicest chassis I've seen and he has body kits. (a roller is about $14K). I'm guessing Air-tech or Catalyst is the supplier. They make that type of stuff in a busa design.

Last edited:
Koenig sell one of the nicest chassis I've seen and he has body kits. (a roller is about $14K). I'm guessing Air-tech or Catalyst is the supplier. They make that type of stuff in a busa design.

you guys have a good chassis builder in your back yard down there, i think you mentioned him earlier in another post, Sam Wills, sorry didnt mean to get off track from original topic of this thread...

The simplest way I can think of would be to tie the spool mounts to the exaust hangers. I'm just worried that it would not be stong enough. With the right design software the loads could be calculated based on the current rear spring rate/travel. A plate could also be built to lock the linkage. You would have to make custom fastners to alloww a quick install. It would be a problem to allow for different bike heights. The first method would depend on what swingarm they are running, some extended ones drop the spool mounts.

Have a set of pingel 99-07 bars standard off the shelf comming am considering this as a project to be completed within a couple of months depending on design and yes I use the best software in the market and will over stress test any suspension and every part way beyond anything the busa is capable of and will keep you posted I gave this some thought and figure I may take a loss in time but feel sure that atleast the prototype will be sold no problem. I will also make this a universal hight system, It will be a quick release possible fold up locking added and the suspension will also be solid. will keep you posted with a few screen modeling pics

Back