Rear brake/Wheelie bar issues

icemansid

Donating Member
Registered
I am having some issues setting up a set of wheelie bars (custom made). i have an 06 busa with a 6 over swingarm. on the right side the brake caliper is in the way. I have two thoughts, either get the brake bar eliminator and move the caliper to the top, or buy an 08-09 rear brake caliper as it mounts on the top side as well.

Has anybody used an 08-09 caliper set on the 99-07 busa? OR

Has anybody used a brake bar eliminator on the topside of swingarm extensions?

I want to mount the lower wheelie bars to the spool mounts.

I am having some issues setting up a set of wheelie bars (custom made). i have an 06 busa with a 6 over swingarm. on the right side the brake caliper is in the way. I have two thoughts, either get the brake bar eliminator and move the caliper to the top, or buy an 08-09 rear brake caliper as it mounts on the top side as well.

Has anybody used an 08-09 caliper set on the 99-07 busa? OR

Has anybody used a brake bar eliminator on the topside of swingarm extensions?

I want to mount the lower wheelie bars to the spool mounts.
As for the brake bar, if i where you, i would get a top caliper mount!
Now as for the wheelie bar mounts i really don't think the spool mount are going to be strong enough for the bars!
You may want to look into how Pingel sets up there wheelie bars!

Pingel setups have you weld on mounts that are almost identical to spool mounts.

"Top tube of wheelie bars mount to a special bracket attached to the passenger peg bracket. Bottom wheelie bar tubes mount to a tab that must be welded to the swingarm. GSX13R 1999-2007"
Suzuki Wheeliebars

Schnitz sells them as "bolt-on" but it looks like from the pics that they are using the spool mounts as well.

Here are some pictures of what i have going on. Included some pictures of a custom made air shifter bracket out of some scrap aluminum. sorry for the crappy quality, wife is out of town with the camera.

img031.jpg

img032.jpg

img033.jpg

img034.jpg

img035.jpg

stock motor for the most part, small airbox mod, PC3, full micron exhaust. its also a Shinko slick. I pulled the front wheel several times last year.

i ordered the brake bar eliminator and lowering links. will get some pictures posted after parts show up.

Back