Questions about lowering triple tree

liass44

Registered
Hello members, I am a new owner of a 06 le hayabusa and the bike is lowered with vortex links in the back and seems to have a "lowering tree" in the front. I want to raise the bike back to stock height in front and back and I understand how to raise the back by replacing the link but I am confused about what exactly a "lowering tree" does and can I raise my bike back to stock height with a lowering tree still in place or will I need to buy a stock one? Thanks.

Front fork tube (fat part) should be flush with face of tree , if you have multi hole dog bones in the back , Last hole out should be stock . get a jack that will fit on the center stand bracket and lift the bike from there to do the back

Ok thanks. The forks are not quite flush with the tree they stick out about 3/4 of an inch. As far as sliding the fork tubes back down the tree what is the best way to do that? Do I need to find a way to suspend the front end of the bike in the air without putting upwards pressure on the forks?

liass you have the right idea. Get the weight off the front end and loose the bolts on the upper and lower tree that clamp the forks. Very important that you slide them down the exact same length. Tighten bolts back to spec and your done.

Back