Jst got her..Ready to lower her!!!

SxLxAxVxExN

Registered
So as many of you know, I recently bought my new 07 hayabsa, and I love the bike to death...I have 800 miles on it already and Im looking into lowering it. I ordered a triple tree and the lowering links with the 3 holes in them. So How do I go about lowering it?? Im sure I can figure it out once I get the parts but I'd like to know if there's anything I need to know before I do this? Maybe some tips on how to do it? And how far can I lower the front and back.  Thanks in advance
jump9.gif

PMR triple tree,lowering links, and a Tobin seat will put you right where you want to be.

I had a performance shop lower mine, so I don't know the mechanics of actually doing it, but I do know they insisted it can be lowered up to 4 inches in the front and rear
SHOCKED.gif
but I can't imagine it...I have mine lowered 2 inches in the front and rear and clearance is good, no handling issues for an every day rider...stand on the pegs when you cross speed bumps or the belly pan scrapes
smile.gif

I think you'll like it lowered...my hubby's 6'1" and didn't need it lowered, but he says he actually liked it better after that modification...enjoy!
cool.gif

(SxLxAxVxExN @ May 31 2007,16:23) What's the tobin seat?  
newbie.gif
 Sorry I dont know.
Oh, you just want a gratuitous shot of my Busa, don't you
laugh.gif

Tobin O'Connor is a guy that takes your stock seat, cuts it to fit you and it'll drop you down a bit...

See pic
smile.gif
My busa, lowered and with the Tobin seat...

sm_horg_busa.JPG

Oh sure! NJ comes along with all of his bling...such a ham, this guy...

My gratuitous shot was first!
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

I should have kept that copper bike,oh well....I've got a spare body set!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I know this is a thread about lowering.. but are those seats more comfortable? Am I right by my reading that you send the guy your stock seat and he basically restitches it?

Personally, being 6'1" male, I try to get my butt as far back in the seat as possible to avoid crushing my nuts when I have a passenger (maybe 25% of the time) or just stop fast and hit a hard bump.

I love the idea of having that little raise though to give a little support.

(VaBusa @ May 31 2007,13:26)
(SxLxAxVxExN @ May 31 2007,16:23) What's the tobin seat?  
newbie.gif
 Sorry I dont know.
Oh, you just want a gratuitous shot of my Busa, don't you
laugh.gif

Tobin O'Connor is a guy that takes your stock seat, cuts it to fit you and it'll drop you down a bit...

See pic
smile.gif
 My busa, lowered and with the Tobin seat...
That seat looks comfy. How much are the tobin seats? but first I wanna see how its gonna be lowered, then I might do the seat later on.
How do I go abot installing the triple tree and the links? Any DIY links or anything?

lurk.gif

Got tired of looking. Do a search, some guy did a lowering mod with step by step with plenty of pics directions.

low_and_fat.jpg

(InsertOriginalNameHere @ May 31 2007,21:52) How are they more comfortable than stock if they're just a cut stock seat?  Did they replace the cushion with a gel or something?
Quite honestly, I loved my stock seat...it was perfect for me on longer rides...the Tobin is remarkably comfy for being a cut down seat, but I do find that it's not as comfy as the stocker on long trips...

It's worth the cost in looks, and I don't think it's too bad comfort wise, but I will admit the stock seat was pretty much perfect for me...

smile.gif

Love mine,I hated the stock seat.....Plus I was on my tiptoes at stops,they do take a little getting used to,but now I wouldnt ride on anything else.

Another question when lowering... The stock kickstand? Is it worth modding or should I just spend 150 bucks and get an adjustable one? Also how low can the front of the bike go? And the back: Will the undertail be alright when lowered, and do I have to mess with the chain at all??? Thanks for all the help guys.
beerchug.gif

(SxLxAxVxExN @ Jun. 01 2007,15
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) Another question when lowering... The stock kickstand?  Is it worth modding or should I just spend 150 bucks and get an adjustable one? Also how low can the front of the bike go? And the back: Will the undertail be alright when lowered, and do I have to mess with the chain at all??? Thanks for all the help guys.
beerchug.gif
Many believe you should do the kickstand mod; I have not and I'm just careful about where and how I park, no issues...

If you want to save the cash, just mod the stand with a notch (looking for a link now)...the adjustable ones are nice, but they are pricey...

I've got a Mototeck undertail and never had any issues with the bike being lowered; wait, I take that back.  When my husband rides it, his weight pushes the back end down on the tire, so I do have rubber to clean off the undertail from time to time...chain was fine, no mods needed with lowering...and I've heard you can lower the front and rear up to 4 inches, but I can't imagine actually getting it that low...  
smile.gif

Here you go!  I had written that you cut the stand and reweld, but I was thinking about something my husband's been talking about trying... the TRUE kickstand mod most do is in the link below  
smile.gif

Back