Questions about an 02 Busa

vis-racing

Registered
Hi, This is my first post on this forum and man do i have a lot of questions to ask.

First off i feel this is the best forum on the net for anything pertaining to Hayabusas. I'm in India and I'm planning to pick up an 02 busa. This is going to be my first big bike, so need help with a few things.

*Please note - most bikes here are imports and we really do not care if the paperwork is in order or not. The questions are only pertaining to the bike.

1) What are the primary checks to be done before picking up the bike.
2) How do i check if the bike is accident free, and i will not have any long term issues with the damper, chassis and so on.
3) This bike is flue injected, i was under the impression 02 busas used carburetors.
4) Where is the tie down hook located in a busa, and how is this different in an 02 and 03 busa.
5) In which year did the busa release the 16bit and 32 bit ECM. Does this make any difference to the performance.
6) The bike currently running on a 4*2*1 exhaust system, and the owner does not have the stock exhaust kit, I really like the two brothers shorties exhaust, which one do u think will perform better.

Now i have an option to pick a 07 R1 which is in great shape for the same price, but i have made up my mind. Its either a Busa or no bike at all. :beerchug:

Cheers,
Vish

Attachments

• hjft.bmp
    1.4 MB · Views: 161
The White Busa in the pick is the one I'm planning to buy. From my understanding the battery needs to be replaced, and also need new tires.

Cheers,
Vish

Hi, This is my first post on this forum and man do i have a lot of questions to ask.

First off i feel this is the best forum on the net for anything pertaining to Hayabusas. I'm in India and I'm planning to pick up an 02 busa. This is going to be my first big bike, so need help with a few things.

*Please note - most bikes here are imports and we really do not care if the paperwork is in order or not. The questions are only pertaining to the bike.

1) What are the primary checks to be done before picking up the bike.

Make sure the fluids are clean. Check the chain for rust, sprockets, etc. Also check brake fluid and brake pad wear. Anything that may be a clue as to to how the bike was maintained

2) How do i check if the bike is accident free, and i will not have any long term issues with the damper, chassis and so on.

Check the bar ends and mirrors for rash. Also inspect all plastics, forks, swingarm etc. Look at the bike from the rear and make sure everything lines up. If the bike has been hit or down hard, sometimes you can tell.

3) This bike is flue injected, i was under the impression 02 busas used carburetors.

All Hayabusas are fuel injected.

4) Where is the tie down hook located in a busa, and how is this different in an 02 and 03 busa.

There are really not any specific hooks. If you are transporting the bike, use the passenger peg mounts for anchors in the rear. Good luck on the front, a chock is best, but if you dont have one, get you a canyon dancer or some other way to tie the front down from the bar, just be careful because you dont want to stress the clip ons or tear up your grips. If you anchor the back correctly, you dont need much on the front.

5) In which year did the busa release the 16bit and 32 bit ECM. Does this make any difference to the performance.

Cant help you on that one.

6) The bike currently running on a 4*2*1 exhaust system, and the owner does not have the stock exhaust kit, I really like the two brothers shorties exhaust, which one do u think will perform better.

The aftermarket exhaust will perform better, if it was tuned when it was put on. Unless there are other major modifications, you may not feel the difference between the two exhausts as far as performance.

Now i have an option to pick a 07 R1 which is in great shape for the same price, but i have made up my mind. Its either a Busa or no bike at all. :beerchug:

Cheers,
Vish

And welcome to the oRg!

Thank you for your reply twotonevert, I saw some carburetors on the Internet for the busa, was under the impression that the 99 to 2001 variants were running on Kehin carburetors.

Cheers,

Thank you for your reply twotonevert, I saw some carburetors on the Internet for the busa, was under the impression that the 99 to 2001 variants were running on Kehin carburetors.

Cheers,

You are quite welcome. Not sure what you saw, but all busa's came from the factory as fuel injected.

1999-2001 Busa's had the 16 bit ECU...2002 and newer use the 32 bit. '99-'02 had weak starters and some other minor issues...2003 and newer are better bikes. Some old school racers prefered carburetors...they are only a aftermarket item.
Posted via Mobile Device

Great looking Busa there. You must be very excited to climb aboard and twist the wrist :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the org and we look forward to seeing more pics.

:welcome: to the oRg. and for tie downs, the Busa has Frankenstien Bolts located behind the front seat and on the grab bar. :whistle: otherwise, we never trailer the Busa :laugh:

Back