New Guy

Chevy454

Registered
hey guys this is my first time posting on this forum and i have a few questions. Im looking at the Busa or 1k in the near future my question is how much easier is the busa to ride than a 1k cc bike? I have a 1k Kawi right now which was a first for me but dont really like it that much much. Im not interested in twisties of track racing. My next question is how easy/hard it is to turn a busa i was told by other gsxr riders that it has a little to no turning radius

If you're not into the twisties, then you'll lose nothing by stepping up the the Busa IMHO. Busas are longer, but they have no trouble turning. Also, I think the Busa is a much more comfortable bike, especially for longer rides. The 1340 (see bottomless pit of horsepower) is pretty sweet as well. Congrats just the same, no matter which one you choose. Remember to bring the pics too!
:welcome:

Welcome to the oRg, my busa turns just fine, I think you will like yours.

:welcome: to the oRg. From reading your post I have to say go with the Busa. It turns just fine and is a far superior bike for rides and especially for your passenger. The girls around here love my rear seat. Of course it belongs to one of them now. Anyway the Busa in my experience is cheaper to buy as well. Never have figured that one out.

I could go on and on but the Busa is an extreme ride :thumbsup:

thanks to all you guys...is insurance a cheaper on a busa since it considered as a touring bike? i never had insurance on my bike

I hear on an '08 good driving record no wrecks in the past five years around $600 / year full coverage from State Farm.

I've never gotten a quote on a 1K, but my 08 Busa is $48 a month for full coverage with State Farm. 25 and married. There are some other threads on this topic.

i dont really like the tail on the 08's but i might grow on them...another question why all the liter bike guys have so much negative to say about the busa riders...oh and how much of a difference does age have to do with insurance cost?

The 08 tail is unique, but I think my girl has a nice bum.

I've never had anything negative to say about the liter bike guys. Maybe they're jealous? :whistle:

I've been getting quotes on Busa insurance for a long time. Most of them were thousands of dollars a year until I turned 25 and got married. They happened 2 days apart, so I'm not sure which one made the bigger difference.

I ride a busa on the street and have a race bike. The busa handles surprisingly well with a stretched frame compared to my 600 race bike.

the litter guys im assuming are your friends...they just dont want you to be able to pass them up so easily...my 2007 turns just fine ..in fact it turns beyond my capabilities...
there are a couple of tricks you can do to make them handle even better then stock, lots of threads on that here.....insurance on both bikes is about the same be prepared to give an arm and leg unless you go with state farm....
other then that welcome to the best org on the net...

My Busa is stock for the most part, the prior owner put a 200/50 rear tire on it but just as the others have commented, my Busa turns just fine.

Low speed turns - The turning radius of any bike is proportional to the ability of the rider. Yes the Busa has a longer wheel base but you can still pull off a tight low speed turn if you're not too scared to lean the big girl over. It's all about leaning, shifting your weight, rear braking and working the friction zone of the clutch.

High speed turns/twisties - Just as with the low speed turns and as with any other bike, you gotta have the b@lls to lean the big girl over and she'll handle the tightest of turns. Tossing her side to side in the twisties is just a matter of pushing the bar and rolling with her. Yes she is a longer and heavier bike but if you tell her to go you better be ready because she is gonna go. Some folks like to lower the ride height or put a phat tire on the rear, that's great for straight line hauling a$$. But, lowering changes the center of gravity and a bigger tire is heavier which changes the gyroscope effect, both of these "cool" mods will make any bike harder to turn.

Back