Busa tourer?

busamove

Registered
hi folks,
  newbie here, this is a great site, and I have almost made up my mind b/c of it.  I do have a few questions about the busa as a sport tourer for my wife and I.  I have had a 02 shadow 750 for a year or so, and am now looking at the vfr800 and the busa.  I'm not really a speed freak, but don't want to out grow my next bike in a year either, which is where the busa comes in.  Any advice that you can give would be appreciated.

welcome
well this is a busa site so were gonna be kinda push in it but its great tourer plus it will do just about everything well your wife will love the back seat most say its very comfortable and the good thing its probably hard to out grow
smile.gif
plus there are so many accessories for the busa to adapt it to your likings
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137998683 -->

Very comfortable for long rides and 2-up riding! Welcome to the board.

Front and rear suspension is just about infinately adjustable. You can dial it in to fit your weight and riding style. I do 12,000+ miles a year on mine. Change out the stock screen to a DB or Sport Touring. 1 1/4' risers, and lower the pegs a bit and she's a comfortable tourer. I can outlast the ST1300 guys when we take them out for any distances.

Tough call. If touring is ALL you're interested in, I'd suggest the Interceptor over the Busa. But I get the feeling you might want more - or why would you even consider a Busa?
wink.gif

Get the Busa. The VFR is a great bike....but I think that you'll want more punch riding 2-up.
The Bus can be a very competent tourer. Set it up the way you want...for the passenger, Corbin makes a passenger seat with a built in backrest..

Thanks alot for all the advice, and the super quick response!
super.gif
I hope to be getting the 06 Busa this spring! Until then I will be a dreamer and a huge fan of this site. Thanks Again!

welcome... to the best dammmmmmmmmm site on the net. busa is the only way to go.. its the only one iv had to date my wife will get on the back of........ very comfortable 2up......... just dont forget blue/silver is the fastest color.....   enjoy the maddness..................................................................................

newbie.gif
jump9.gif

<!--EDIT|BUSA-MAN 24-7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138063163 -->

Busa is great for long trips, I do several Rallys a year that covers a 1000 miles per day with no problems. Don't know about 2 up though, cause I'am a Lone Rider  
ss038.gif

And Welcome to the Site  
beerchug.gif

I think this is an emeging sector as far as Busa's go. I tried an FJR 1300 and a Triumph sprint this year and neither of them had the goods for me. so here I am building the ultimate sport tourer. My last bike was a bolt on queen. All sorts of hop up parts etc. I was ready for something a little less frenetic. So far most of my mods have been Comfort related. Helibars, Buell Pegs, Heated grips, ZG Sport touring shield, Brake lines and a Genmar riser etc. Next is a Corbin seat and then some hard bags. For me the Helibars were a step in the right direction just not quite enough for me. The Buell pegs are a no brainer.

Here is from experiance bought a 2000 VFR Brand new road Until 2005 had 23000 miles onit when i gotrid of it .. for the 05 le Busa best move I ever made/.. VFR not strong enough for long distant 2 up riding with luggage ..Busa more comfortable on long trips way more torque and misses hated the idea of me getting rid of of the Yellow VFR at first but now after going to the mountains on the busa she is more then pleased ..Better ride for both people....

I know nothing about the VFR, but I did ride an FJR recently. I was considering it to replace my 1700 Roadstar. I wouldn't trade either of my bikes for it.

FJR areodynamics make it kind of twitchy at speed. Air management is a problem as is heat from the engine. Finally, the engine felt kind of buzzy and the lack of a 6th gear kept the revs and the buzz high. I rode an 04 model and there are many improvements to the 06, so there may be fewer or no issues now.

For the long haul, comfort is king, so find a bike that will keep you and the missus happy for a while.

hi folks,
  newbie here, this is a great site, and I have almost made up my mind b/c of it.  I do have a few questions about the busa as a sport tourer for my wife and I.  I have had a 02 shadow 750 for a year or so, and am now looking at the vfr800 and the busa.  I'm not really a speed freak, but don't want to out grow my next bike in a year either, which is where the busa comes in.  Any advice that you can give would be appreciated.
I have ridden all three bikes you mentioned.

My brother has a VFR800 ABS that I have ridden about 3-400 miles. It is nice. You'll find quite a bit that is pretty close between the VFR and  Hayabusa (and Blackbird) weight, rider position, wind protection, etc. The VFR is going to perform much better than the Shadow (wife has an 01) If you were happy with the way the shadow performed two up, you won't have any complaints about the VFR. The She might be a bit more cramped on it, so if she rides with you a lot, have her set on the back of one with you. The busa has a bit of storage in the tail. The VFR has none. The busa is going to use up more tires than the VFR. Mileage is about the same. Insurance is higher on the busa.  When you go to have the valves adjusted on the VFR (6th generation) it is going 2-3 times the price of the busa. The VFR V4 sounds cool! Load both up with a passenger, luggage and bags and the Busa is going to shine with all of the torque, no question about it. Both are excellent SPORT- touring bikes with the emphasis on the sport end.

However, if she is going to ride on the back most of the time you might want to consider more of a sport-TOURing bike. You need to keep her happy but you seem to be headed in the right direction. If she is tolerant of the position and wind protection you are one lucky man!  The FJ1300 falls about in the middle of the S-T rankings and the ST1100/1300 falls closer to the touring end. My wife does not ride on the back of mine since she got her own bike. That was one of the factors of me going from a Road King to the Hayabusa. I had ridden ZX11s (And CR500s) years back and missed the performance.  

If she will rarely ride on the back, I’d say the Hayabusa hands down. We selected a VFR for my brother as it is his first bike. Yes, a year later he wants a bit more performance. It worked out excellent for him. It wouldn’t surprise me if he gets a Hayabusa this year. It is a BIG step from a Shadow to the VFR and even a BIGGER step to the Hayabusa. You have to judge for yourself what you are ready for!

Good luck and …… post pictures no matter what you decide on!

<!--EDIT|Professor
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138980476 -->

I'm looking at a Busa, but the stock peg position is cramped for me. How much more legroom do the peg exenders add? Who makes them for the Busa other than Buell?

Thanks for the input.

I'm looking at a Busa, but the stock peg position is cramped for me.  How much more legroom do the peg exenders add?  Who makes them for the Busa other than Buell?

Thanks for the input.
About 1/2" to 3/4" Proteck, Suzuki TL1000s, Modded stockers. Do a seach, lot's of info.

heres an option .... i also have t-bags i put on the backrest if need be....the rest of the time its about speed!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
the busa is by far the most comfortable ride ive had and ive owned everything from dirtbikes to cruisers and the busa beats them hands down.....imo

DSCN0938.JPG

biggrin.gif

Back