Couple of questions from new busa owner

MeatyFrank

Donating Member
Registered
I just bought an 02 busa and was looking for things to modify. I have done a lot of reading and was wondering if when I eventually get a power commander if I need the II or the III. I thought I would need the II because I thought the 02's have the 16bit processor and the 03+ have the 32bit processor. I was also wondering about an exhaust...I have been looking and have seen what everyone likes, but where are the best prices at? Exhausts seem so ridiculously priced. If you have any other mod suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Chad

In 02 they went with the 32 bit ECU, so you need the PCIII (doesn't adjust timing) or the PCIIIR (does adjust timing). Everyone will have a different opinions on exhaust systems, I like the BDE Gen 3's found at www.brockracing.com and www.veltune.com and others like Akra's, Muzzy, TiForce, Yosh, ect. I will say for the price its hard to beat a Muzzy since its only around $500 new. Good luck with your decisions.
cool.gif

First, welcome to the board. Either the PCIII, PCIIIR or PCIII USB are what you would need. Are you talking a full exhaust or just cans? Blue Streak nailed pretty much all of your choices above, but if you want the BDE Gen 3 Tom (WarBaby) at <a href="http://www.veltune.com">Veltune<a> is probably the best place to start. JohnnyCheese is the person to talk to for specifics about most performance issues on the 'Busa.

And by the way, we need pics of your baby!

You will have to go with a PCIII, PCIIIusb, or PCIIIr. As far as exhaust there are so many different types it just depends on what you want and what you are willing to spend....

Thanks for the quick replies. I guess I'll just have to do some shopping around and see which exhaust I like the best. I'll try to get a pic or two of my bike up soon. I had to look all over for the color scheme and I wanted...black and blue.

Back