Newb to busas with a couple of questions

cbibb

Registered
All of my past bikes have been carb'd. The fuel injection is a whole new world to me. If I put a full system on a busa can the stock computer be remapped or do you have to get a power commander? Also how are the different maps loaded into the bikes computer? Do you have to have a laptop or can you use a home computer? As you can see I am pretty computer illeterate as well. Thanks for any explanations. Chris

Chris...first of all welcome on board.....the stock computer does have variences to map, but you have to have a dealership with the chips to do that. I recommend a power commander that allows you to map it several different ways. Depends on the way you ride and the performance you are looking for. The emissions set up can be changed, first of all put you a TRE on the line...thats a good first starter. In fact got another one will sell if interested. take care and again welcome to the site...laters Mick

Welcome to the board chibb
biggrin.gif

If I put a full system on a busa can the stock computer be remapped or do you have to get a power commander? [/QUOTE]

Powercommander 3 USB is the easiest way to map bike! The stock CPU can be re-mapped, but I dont think the dealerships would do it for you. For more details about the PC3 USB you can check it out on their site http://www.powercommander.com

Do you have to have a laptop or can you use a home computer? [/QUOTE]
... a desktop PC with USB ports are just fine! You dont need a Laptop to Map your PC3. The instructions with the PC3 are quite comprehensive. If you get stuck anywhere in the process of your installation please feel free to PM me... or post a thread on this forum!! We will be more than eager to help you.

....In response to what creekboy said!!

first of all put you a TRE on the line...thats a good first starter [/QUOTE]

IMO TRE is not necessarly a mod you should be thinking about, if your not intending to make your busa cross 186MPH!! It does not do anything much for the performance of the bike... other than remove the 186MPH limiter...

...On the flip side, even if you do wanna cross 186MPH... I suggest you take your bike to a competent tuning mechanic ... who should be able to de-restirct your bike ... minus TRE. Thats the option I would have taken if I were in the US
smile.gif

Power Commander is fairly user friendly as far as install goes. Home computer will work .

Problem is these maps are not spot on for most bikes . A good tune on a dyno is worth the bucks IMO .

The other day I saw how off a Muzzy map was for a ZX-12R . The bike had their pipe on it , their map . Real lean on top , rich down low  . The bike made 6 more HP throughout when finished but it's not all about HP . Fuel mileage is up . It more efficient .

It runs clean and crisp and no more fuel dillution . He was getting a bunch of fuel in the oil and if you run them out of tune and on the rich side like that for a long period .... well cylinder wash is not a good deal for any engine .

Thanks alot for the info. It is really appreciated. I should be picking up my bike this week or the next. I will let everyone know as soon as it comes in. And thanks for the friendly welcome. Chris

Back