Couple of Questions

Aussie Busa

Registered
well the fuel pump has been really loud the last ride or two and while i was just cruiseing, the bike felt like is was getting no fuel?? i pulled the clutch in gave it a rev and then the motor cut out.. it struggled to run smoothly. i shut it off and let it sit for 10mins and then restarted it and it ran ok... anyone else experience this b4?

The whole night i was cruiseing around town.. 6000rpm was the highest i went too?

Also i get dark smoke while reving it up, like a puff of it.
I had this b4 when i broke rings and pistons.. WTF.. so looks like i'm goin for another compression test tomorrow...

Are these bikes suppose to have darkish smoke blowing from them when you rev it.. if not the pistons, what could that smoke be?

i've got 1300kms on this bike (400kms with turbo) and i have just had a rebuild due to pistons and rings, hope it hasn't blown again... like i said the hardest i pushed it while cruiseing was 6000rpm but 95% of riding was under 4000rpm.... while i'm running in the new internals...

Thanks in advance for your comments...

<!--EDIT|Aussie Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119667043 -->

What is the color of the smoke? Blue is usually oil smoking and Black is usually because of running to rich.

frank m.

it was night time but in a good lighted area, it was blowing darkish black colour... straight after it had probs with the fuel pump and bike stalling while riding along...
sad.gif

Black smoke is rich. You may be way to rich and chocking the motor. What are you running for a computer for mixture?? Are you (if not you should) running a fuel/air mix meter.

Black smoke is rich.  You may be way to rich and chocking the motor.  What are you running for a computer for mixture??  Are you (if not you should) running a fuel/air mix meter.
Since you have a build motor I would also suggest that you get it on the Dyno as soon as possible...Pull one of your plugs they will tell you what going on...If the plug is black your to rich...If the plug is ashened white your to lean...If it's a light brown your just right...Also check to make sure the plugs and boots are seated...

thanks STUNNAH and Ninja,

i'm useing a power commander 3r, is that a fuel/air miture meter your talkin about.. ?

Ok, i'll pull out a spark plug and see what colour it is and i'll get back with the results here.

Thanks heaps.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

Back