JE pistons rings

MiniBusa

Registered
I have a technical question...

I`m building a turbo engine and using JE pistons. In the box the pistons came in there was no instruktions on have to place the pistons rings...

After serching on the web i know now witch is the 1st, 2nd and 3nd, but i don`t know whats top and bottom on the rings...
All the rings are marked with an "N", is that up or down?
The art.nr " XG8100" on the rings, if anyone need that for helping...

As I recall the "N" goes up but I would double check it with JE. Its hard to understand why they couldn't include instructions with things like recommended end gaps for normally aspirated and FI.

the side with the letters face up...the shine copper looking ring is the top one the dark looking (cast) one is the second ring then there is the oil ring and spacers...
FYI....install the oil ring then the spacers on each side of the oil ring....

I would call someone who knows exactly how they must be installed. If you never did it before call JE or JC...

How you know if your pistons/rings is right size? Did you measured your cyclinders? Honning? Plating?

You can ruine your engine in a heart beat if something installed wrong.

Good wrenches cost a lot and that is for reason. Find one where you can help and learn.... Knowledge is priceless.

Just my .02

Happy new year!!!

The N does go up on both the top and second ring. Make sure that you have the proper ring end gap on the rings before you install them.

Back