crankcase blowby smoke

IRDEATH1340

Registered
Opinions?

I have a 2009 turbo hayabusa with about 13k on the build.

I have never noticed any smoke coming from the crankcase breather. I can't attach video but the smoke is light and enough to be seen coming out from beneath the seat when running.

Piston ring blow by? Ran fine when I put it up.I was hoping it was just condensation burning out of oil since it has been a week of riding but have let it run for about 30 mins and it's still the same.

You sure it's smoke? Or is it just steam/water vapor? I know when I used to ride mine on the street, at night if I was at a dead stop and if there was a slight breeze from behind I would see steam/water vapor pass by the headlight. It wasn't burning oil, just the case breathing. Though my engine was also built, so ring gaps are larger than stock.

Stock internals/stock ring gap?

You sure it's smoke? Or is it just steam/water vapor? I know when I used to ride mine on the street, at night if I was at a dead stop and if there was a slight breeze from behind I would see steam/water vapor pass by the headlight. It wasn't burning oil, just the case breathing. Though my engine was also built, so ring gaps are larger than stock.

Stock internals/stock ring gap?
I have rode it for a few years on the street never seen anything come out of it always been clear. rode it a week ago for a few hours, stays in a trailer and I had it running for about an hour and it still "smokes". It has abuilt engine, Wossner rods/pistons. It is very visible when sitting at idle and I have never seen any smoke before. It looks like a compression test is my next move.

Opinions?

I have a 2009 turbo hayabusa with about 13k on the build.

I have never noticed any smoke coming from the crankcase breather. I can't attach video but the smoke is light and enough to be seen coming out from beneath the seat when running.

Piston ring blow by? Ran fine when I put it up.I was hoping it was just condensation burning out of oil since it has been a week of riding but have let it run for about 30 mins and it's still the same.
What does this smoke smell like? Oil, coolant..?

----update----

I decided to take a chance and just run it up the road. Got back to house, no more smoke. Rode it for another 1.5 hrs, still no smoke. I can understand it being condensation burning off, but I let it run for almost 2 hours and it was a steady stream. Who knows....it's seems ok now.

Back