Couple of Questions from a Newbie

Exdukenut

Registered
Been lurking for a couple of days, and did a search but didn't find the answer using the search. But here goes. Short story to start......
wink.gif

Anyways I've been a Duke rider up until 5 years ago with an NCR Replica, since then I've modded this Aprilia with big pistons, CF everywhere, larger TBs, full floating discs and many other bits that I can'r remember, std they come 110rwhp, mine has 132rwhp, and I know, Busa's have more, but this one comes 40kg lighter! .

Anyways, 5 mths ago I went to NZ and borrowed a Busa for 3 days through a friend. The bike had 1700kms on the clock. My 3 days added another 1800kms to that. This was also the first time in years that I'd had a go on an I4, let alone a BUsa!
cool.gif
 It was surprisingly good. But there were times I would've preferrred the Falco. But I digress.

Well about 2 mths ago the same bike comes up for sale in NZ, so I bought it  for $Aust9.5K. Bargain. Comes with 2 way intercomm, radar detector, slipons, and brand new tyres. So I now have a bike in Oz, plus NZ. Nothing like a couple of bikes in a couple of countries!  
bowdown.gif
It's a Black and Silver 02 model, by the way.

Anyways I have 2 questions.

1st. I have a spare set of Brembo full floater SS rotors which fit my Aprilia, anyone know for sure if these might fit a Busa.

2nd. I had a terrible time with the brake lever, in as much as the position/size of the std one, just doesn't do it for me, and woulkd like to know what other optiuons there for it. It has new pads but I haven't tried the bike with them as yet, and won't for another 2 mths, till I get there for a 12 day blast!

PS: If any of yopu are thinking about it, NZ has to be M/cycling Nirvana!!!!!!

Hope you more experienced guys can help.

PS Loved the bike, so I bought it, but have no clue as to what to do with it as yet, except ride it as is.

PS what is this "Marble Mod" that everyone talks about. Can you give me a link to what it is.? I am a newbie after all!

cool.gif

DSCN0172copy.JPG

cool.gif

Rotors will not fit. Check with Pazzo racing for adjustable levers. I have a set on mine and love them. If it doesn't have SS lines on it now, installing them will make a big difference. The Marble mod is to block a large vaccum line in the airbox. Check the upgrades section, there is alot of info there. You got it right though, just ride it!

a_new_busa3.JPG

(Exdukenut @ Sep. 29 2006,02:13) PS The wife doesn't know I have another bike, let alone that it is another country!  
tounge.gif

cool.gif
wow.gif

I think yer in big trouble!

Oh and welcome..............

(Exdukenut @ Sep. 29 2006,01:13) PS The wife doesn't know I have another bike, let alone that it is another country!  
tounge.gif

cool.gif
ices_rofl.gif
sounds like something i might do if i was still married
crazy.gif

congrats on the new bike and  
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

(Exdukenut @ Sep. 28 2006,23:13) PS The wife doesn't know I have another bike, let alone that it is another country!  
tounge.gif

cool.gif
It could be worse, you could have another wife in another country!
biggrin.gif

(GSXcite @ Sep. 29 2006,13:51)
(Exdukenut @ Sep. 28 2006,23:13) PS The wife doesn't know I have another bike, let alone that it is another country!  
tounge.gif

cool.gif
It could be worse, you could have another wife in another country!
biggrin.gif
Maybe this is what will happen to me, if she ever figures it out!
AAAssjani.gif

Tks for the welcome.

cool.gif

cool.gif

(black954 @ Sep. 29 2006,08:27) Rotors will not fit. Check with Pazzo racing for adjustable levers. I have a set on mine and love them. If it doesn't have SS lines on it now, installing them will make a big difference. The Marble mod is to block a large vaccum line in the airbox. Check the upgrades section, there is alot of info there. You got it right though, just ride it!
Any particular reason that they won't fit? Is it a difference in the carrier, itself? I guess I'll see if I can get my hands on the only Busa owner I know, and see. Might take a while to find him. Anyways tks for the advice on the levers. I'll see if I can track them down here in Oz.

Tks again.

cool.gif

(guido4512 @ Sep. 29 2006,09:13)
(Exdukenut @ Sep. 29 2006,02:13) PS The wife doesn't know I have another bike, let alone that it is another country!  
tounge.gif

cool.gif
wow.gif

I think yer in big trouble!

Oh and welcome..............
Welcome  
and "UHHHHHH" better you than me  
laugh.gif

Welcome! That Aprilia is a beautiful bike, and I'm sure the 'Busa is a nice change. I know what you mean about the brakes ... coming from a Ducati almost a year ago, that's the one difference I noticed (not the lever position, but the braking quality). Maybe it was the difference in weight and quality, but you get used to it fairly quickly. The stainless steel braided lines will certainly help. Congrats on the purchase, and let's see some more of that Aprilia!

"UHhhhhhhh" from owning Ducs, if you want to ride the Busa like you ride the Aprilia, well, ya got the wrong bike. The Busa will never handle like my 998 or your Aprilia in turning or braking. It's not just the brakes and weight, but the suspention and size. It's like compairing a Vette to a Mustang. Both are great cars, but one will always be better in some cases than the other  
beerchug.gif

Go with the Pazzo levers, Galfer stainless lines, and EBC HH sintered brake pads and you will be able to easily stand it on the front wheel with one finger. The Pazzo's in the previous pic were the long version, here is a pic of my shorties- if you only use 1-2 fingers on the controls, why have all that extra to break off if you ever drop it?

P.S.- They also look way cool!
super.gif

DSC01999.JPG

Back