Question for our San Diego Riders

NickSully

Donating Member
Registered
My mom just called me and asked if I wanted to meet her and my step dad in San Diego for Thanksgiving weekend. They are wanting to ride out on their Harleys and want me to ride out on the Busa. When we get there they want to do day rides and hit some of the local mountains and such too take in the scenery.

They are wanting me to meet them Thursday afternoon (Thanksgiving) and then we will leave to go home on that Sunday. This is where I really miss my Harley because I wouldn't be worried about the cold weather because I could pack enough clothes to cover both a warm scenario and a cold scenario.

So here's my question: what type or riding condition should I expect over thanksgiving weekend both in San Deigo and say on Sunrise which they mentioned.

I'm really limited on pack space and no warm gear. I have a little Joe Rocket tank bag and backpack, that's it. I have a Joe Rocket Sonic 2.0 that seems to stay warm enough with the liner removed. Some summer riding gloves and summer boots that do nothing for keeping my feet warm or dry for that matter. I've been meaning to get some riding pants but have not done so which means that I'm riding in jeans which do nothing for blocking cold air.

Normally back in Florida we would just head south to Miami or the keys and spend the weekend down there but we aren't sure what to do out here. Thanks for any advice you have to offer.

I know I am not in SD, but I have found thermal underwear very effective. I notice a big difference when I use them in colder weather. Also I have a pair of saddle bags that you are more than welcome to use for your trip, I am pretty sure I will not need them Thanksgiving weekend.:beerchug:

Thermals do work good, and I bought a pair of waterproof pants for $20 in the camping section at walmart. They keep me dry and warmer.

PM Sent...

I'll give you all the dirt. :laugh:

:beerchug:

By the way...did you say "Sunrise"?
- Spanking Sunrise[/url]

Scar

PS: You can ride with/around us. I'll show you all the great spots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I would but that's o.k. shane and I are going to vegas tomorrow,
Hey ask semi about ginger.

Oh-tay, Ginger.

How long are you going to be in Vegas? Are you looking up the local hoons over there? Great bunch! :whistle:

PM Sent...

I'll give you all the dirt. :laugh:

:beerchug:

By the way...did you say "Sunrise"?
- Spanking Sunrise[/url]

Scar

PS: You can ride with/around us. I'll show you all the great spots.

Great Video and showed it to my parents and they loved it too. :thumbsup:

Great Video and showed it to my parents and they loved it too. :thumbsup:

Molto grazie, signore. I sent you some information on other videos which were filmed on Sunrise...

This one's good...
- Power Hour with Scar[/url]

Enjoy! :beerchug:

Molto grazie, signore. I sent you some information on other videos which were filmed on Sunrise...

This one's good...
- Power Hour with Scar[/url]

Enjoy! :beerchug:

:bowdown:

Can't wait!

Back