San Diego question

Rauzer

Donating Member
Registered
My wife, 7yo daughter and I are heading out to San Diego this weekend to catch the Chargers first home game, and hit the Zoo and Sea World, etc. What I want to know is where can I find a good mall thats safe, I would rather not get shot up while on vacation. I dont know the area and dont want to go exploring into areas I dont need to be in. I think we're staying at the Comfort Suites on Camino del Rio south, I think. Any ideas??

You're going to the mall while on vacation? ?? :poke:

Sorry, I just couldn't resolve that in my mind as a vacation destination. :laugh:

The times I've been to San Diego, I never got the sense it had a bad side. It probably does, but I can't imagine it being anything like Baltimore, for example.

Sorry, I just noticed you live near Baltimore. I had an interesting experience once when I decided to make the trip from BWI to Baltimore's Inner Harbor. It was one of the rougher parts of the U.S. I've seen.

Now I understand why you're worried about visiting another big city. Trust me, San Diego is nothing like Baltimore.

Last edited:
I agree with F=MA. I've been to both Baltimore and SD and SD is way safer feeling than Baltimore. I'll try to find out the name of the mall we went to for a movie the last time I was there. It was a fairly new mall with a decent selection of stores. :beerchug:

You're going to the mall while on vacation? ?? :poke:

Sorry, I just couldn't resolve that in my mind as a vacation destination. :laugh:

Hahaha!! We shop, thats what we do!! We went to Vegas a few time and had more fun at the Outlets!

Anyway, yea, I dont go riding around baltimore, and it can get rough just outside the harbor, I try to be outta there by dark! But there's also a few malls outside baltimore where I wont go either, I just dont want to end up at one of those in SD.

We want to shop for Chargers stuff. Try being a Chargers fan in and around Baltimore. Best I can do is a Rivers jersey, every once in a while you'll get a Gates or Merriman. I dont like ordering some things online.

Make sure you stop at a "-bertos" (Albertos, Ad-Albertos, Robertos - brothers) and get a Carne Asada Burrito. It's a must if you even halfway enjoy mexican food. Thank me by taking pictures and posting them (pleeeease!).

The mall that's in downtown SD is pretty nice, or was 15 years ago anyway. There is also one near Torrey Pines called Sephora University Town Center that I used to go to frequently. Both are open air malls but I think the one down town has some extreme cool factor.

Baltimore :laugh:

I get off the train at Camden Yards and this is what I'm greeted with. If I were a typical tourist, or my camera gear weren't insured, I'd have probably turned around and gotten right back on the train.

4987373781_4678acac49_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Inner Harbor was pretty nice...save for the classless local school kids passing through on their way home.

Back