Question about paint schemes on 06 LE

Rdmetz

Registered
I have an 06 LE that over the weekend had a bit of an accident with a pretty large dear the upper fairing is toast and one of the side fairings i split might be repairable and but I was able to ride it home and I'm more or less fine...guess ill try to avoid Burck Run Drive next time lol

Anyways I'm in need of some new plastics as well as some repair to the one that wasnt broken but is scrathced up...my question is this....

As far as the paint scheme of the 06 LE White how exactly are the plastics painted are they each just painted one color and then have a sticker applied that duplicates the other color and the graphics both or are the plastics actually painted with the alternate colors and the stickers are only for the graphics?

Does this question make since? I hope so basically from what I can gather the front and rear plastics are the pearl white and the silver or grey color on them is just part of the sticker that is applied and the two side fairings are silver or grey in color and the pearl white on them is again part of the sticker that is applied with the hayabusa symbol on it....am I correct here or partially or not at all? lol

Any info here would be helpful I have a guy who can paint the plastics I trust his work as far as painting the primary base colors but if he has to do all that graphic work with the ghosting of the "flames" coming off the plastics Ill worry that he wont do it perfect but if its just part of a sticker I feel more confident in his ability to apply the sticker just right

Anways again thanks for any input anyone can give me here really do appriciate it!

I am not totally sure of how the plastics are put together, but you should be able to order them ready to install. Might be cheaper than buying something, paying for paint and prep. Honda East Toledo is a sponsor and get you oem plastics at a good price. Call them and talk to Justin. Sorry about the mishap bro.

yea it happens I guess did my best to avoid it but he just came out of no where I'll check out Honda east Toledo and see what they can do on the plastics that are busted but I have one good plastic that just got scraped up a bit so but i was hoping to save some money and just have it painted back to stock color and buy new sticker for the graphics as long as the plastics are just one color and the stickers take care of the alternate color and graphics could save me a bunch of money hate to spend 1500 or more when i coudl keep the cost under a 1000 if I save the one plastic.

Oh I'm going to need a new upper fairing stay and headlight as well like i said he was a one big ass dear!

yea it happens I guess did my best to avoid it but he just came out of no where I'll check out Honda east Toledo and see what they can do on the plastics that are busted but I have one good plastic that just got scraped up a bit so but i was hoping to save some money and just have it painted back to stock color and buy new sticker for the graphics as long as the plastics are just one color and the stickers take care of the alternate color and graphics could save me a bunch of money hate to spend 1500 or more when i coudl keep the cost under a 1000 if I save the one plastic.

Oh I'm going to need a new upper fairing stay and headlight as well like i said he was a one big ass dear!

Justin can hook you up with those parts as well. Be sure and tell him you are on the board. :beerchug:

Will do! I hope he can give me a good price the more I look at what needs to be replaced the more I realize how much such a small thing can cost so much.

I responded to your PM with pricing for all of the parts you requested

uploadfromtaptalk1302568729651.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1302568729651.jpg

Thanks for the reply...I decided to just go ahead with ordering the new plastics after sourcing aftermarket plastics and the tape graphics and paint and such and then actually getting it done just decided to order new from Justin and Honda East should be getting them early next week!

Thanks for the reply...I decided to just go ahead with ordering the new plastics after sourcing aftermarket plastics and the tape graphics and paint and such and then actually getting it done just decided to order new from Justin and Honda East should be getting them early next week!

Glad it worked out for you. :beerchug:

Back