Question about muzzy exhaust install

crepitus

Registered
I am ready mo install the system. Ripped the old one off last night and did the pair removal. WHen i mount the header and the can do i just snug things up fit the plastics then take them off and tighten everything of just tighten everything on the first shot?

I am ready mo install the system.  Ripped the old one off last night and did the pair removal.  WHen i mount the header and the can do i just snug things up fit the plastics then take them off and tighten everything of just tighten everything on the first shot?
My method involves a sledgehammer and a torch but normal people normally run stuff snug and then use this strange "torque wrench" thingie...

well i can tell you the easiest way take your plastics off undo the radiator and the fan move them out of the way get some cardboard and duct tape it to the radiator so you dont ding it up and also to the fender so you dont scratch it when you put it on get your header hand tight put your midpipe on then your can and snug those up and go back to your header and tighten that all the way go from left to right repeat 2 times then reverse everythin but i hooked my radiator up and ran the bike so i could refill the radiator and then bolted everything down

cool thanks for the tips. i have the rad and oil cooler oout of the way, not disconnected just pushed forward. just a quck question. why tighten from left to right?

you can go right to left it doesnt matter just go over them twice to make sure they are all tightened the same if you have any questions pm your phone number and i can help you

ok i got it all installed and its loud. but i have 1 question. i had to bend the left side oil line to clear the pipe and its only about 1/16" clearance. the other side i didnt have to bend but its about the same 1/16". Is this ok or should i bend them more?

Back