Question about custom mapping.

zx9r

Registered
I presently have an 08 Busa with a full T77 Yosh exhaust. I'm still within my breakin period. I've purchased a Power Commander and BMC race filter. I plan to have the Power Commander and filter installed at 600 miles. I have several places that have Dyno's in the area to create the custom map. Only one of them have the Dyno-link software. Is there an advantage to use the dyno-link software? It is alot more expensive to use the shop with the dyno-link. Can someone provide some insight to this?:banghead:

Last edited:
the dyno link dynojets simplify the custom mapping process. I think Dynojet/Powercommander mandates a fixed fee for the service of its licensed technicians. At least, that's what my mechanic told me (he could only charge $300 Canadian for a dyno-tune by contract with DynoJet)

Ive always been told that if you remove the stock exhaust and and add a different filter that you needed a PC to get optimal performance.

Ive always been told that if you remove the stock exhaust and and add a different filter that you needed a PC to get optimal performance.

'08 has a O2 sensor and will adjust the mixture.

In other words I've wasted 250.00. Can I put the filter on it and the fuel mixture will adjust itself and not run too lean?

In other words I've wasted 250.00. Can I put the filter on it and the fuel mixture will adjust itself and not run too lean?

IMO, on a GenII you can change the filter; and the ECU will adjust to the different A/F ratio because it's a closed loop system. Now, adding a new full exhaust without a bung for the stock A/F sniffer will require a piggy back (PC or Bazzaz etc.) I think that for the money Brocks makes the best "plug and play" as of now for the GenII. Otherwise extensive Dyno mapping is the norm. Find a good tuner that worth his salt. It may cost; but it should be worth it. Good Luck.:thumbsup:

Try a search for "08 self mapping" or "no mapping required" This has been debated all year whether the 08 needs some kind of additional fuel management or not. Some tuners say that if you add a full exhaust and filter that the stock computer will be able to adjust enough from the 02 sensor readings and will be fine and that the PCIII would only be necessary for a heavily modded bike. Others say that the bike will just run "OK" on the stock ECU and if you want "top notch""most you can get from your bike" performance then you need a PCII or Bazzas and a custom tune. Do some more research here using the search feature and decide for yourself.:thumbsup:Good luck and enjoy the new bike.

The engine will respond better on low and midrange rpm with a PCIII and deactivated O2 sensor. If the stock O2 sensor is in, the air/fuel ratio will be about 15 to 1 on light loads, and 13 to 1 or whatever the PC III is set to if a O2 sensor eliminator is used. The figures are verified with an onboard gauge.

th_FILE0080.jpg

Back