Question about BIG rear wheels

I can guarantee that will not happen to me... I wish a 300lb rider would try me… :whistle:

You have lots of confidence in your ability on your big wheel. Confidence is a great asset. Just to test your ability, sign up at your local track in the novice group and see just how many novice riders lap you in a 20 minute session. I'm guessing you may go home a little on the humble side.

You have lots of confidence in your ability on your big wheel. Confidence is a great asset. Just to test your ability, sign up at your local track in the novice group and see just how many novice riders lap you in a 20 minute session. I'm guessing you may go home a little on the humble side.

with big tire on back at least he'd have excuse for being slow.

I get a few things worked out on the MULLET and some extra cash....and Im in on that. Summit Point in WV. THink track days are around $150. Dont think Ill be getting lapped thu.

Let’s see... You went from a 300lb guy pulling on a phat tire bike to a track day? Interesting leap. Let’s even the odds a little, I’ll bring the 1000. :whistle:

Also want to say, I love my 240 kit. Best investment I ever made into my bike. I love the feeling I get when I ride it.

:handshake:

Can we all just get along? You can't please everyone but comments should stay to the point.

yep!

compromise.jpg

Let’s see... You went from a 300lb guy pulling on a phat tire bike to a track day? Interesting leap. Let’s even the odds a little, I’ll bring the 1000. :whistle:

You were bragging on your big wheels ability and boasting your riding skills. All I suggested was to take your big wheel to the track for a safer environment and substantiate your bragging rights!

If you are going to boast of your skills an the beast you ride, please post up a few photos of your skills at work. Every good rider I know has photos they are always anxious to share. If you don't have any action shots, post up a photo of your big wheel showing the edges of the tire or foot pegs all ground down? Maybe you have one with the the big wheel launching and the front tire is airborne? Let's see some evidence you aren't just blowing hot air! :thumbsup:

I have over 10,000 miles on a 240 tire with no problems. FAT TIRE KITS are for looks and still can be ridden everywhere they just do not perform to the same degree at which a normal size tire will. FAT TIRES can still go around the track BUT why in the HELL would you want to do that. Any skilled rider on a ninja 250 should be able to slaughter you. Again, I only own a 240 but i imagine that 300+ size tires are even more difficult to turn on

Tuf....:laugh:

Even though I don't have a 200 or larger, I do have a six over swing arm. Yes, there is a learned ability to railing these after market mods, and I think that most reasonable riders will agree to that. I don't think anyone is questioning the ability to ride/rail the extended fat tire, it's just that it requires a greater amount of effort to do so. Sure, you may develop the muscle skill/strength/coordination to rail the mods but I've got to side with ole Tufbusa on the issue of proof, because seriously, I'd like to see the pegs draggin' on a 330 kit! Ain't saying it can't be done, just like to see the 'no chicken strip' fat tire from railing.

Everyone is totally licensed to express themselves through what ever form of art they choose for display (I like the look of extended, fat tire, and lots and lots of other cool mods!) but respect the other brother for his bother. Knock off the name calling and accusation 'cause that ain't what we're all here for. If you are going to boast an ability, it would only be reasonable to ask if you can demonstrate same, ya think? And no one's hating in the process so let's try not to be so defensive. :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Having said all that, let's be careful in the process. Still looking at a looong recovery from pushing my limited ability past my extended swing armed busa's capability...shid happens!

I like your attitude Jay! :thumbsup: Good post.

I don't call anyone names unless it's one of my friends I am poking fun at such as Mike1180 etc. We both poke a little fun at each other. And you are correct about riding your stretched & slammed Fatty and having a blast while doing so. Just don't boast that it performs as well as a stock bike. It's physically impossible and most of us know it.

However, if someone comes on with their chest all puffed up like a poisoned pup boasting and bragging I simply ask for a little proof. Show me a photo or some sort of proof you can perform. I don't think that's to much to ask.

It's been my experience that no one with real skills and ability are without photos. Post up some performance photos and I'll tip my hat and compliment the poster even if he is boasting.

We all learn something from threads like this even if we are not a participant. If nothing else, we learn something about the members who do participate.

You are right, there are no haters here. I actually like looking at these project bikes with all the mods. Some are exceptionally beautiful and visually very appealing to the eye. I usually compliment these guys with a well deserved pat on the back for all the hard work and $$ invested.

These threads are great as long as everyone is cordial & courteous. But for whatever reason there always seems to be one or two who jump in with an attitude seemingly with an agenda of creating an argument.

Good Luck on the healing up process Jay! :beerchug:

You were bragging on your big wheels ability and boasting your riding skills. All I suggested was to take your big wheel to the track for a safer environment and substantiate your bragging rights!

If you are going to boast of your skills an the beast you ride, please post up a few photos of your skills at work. Every good rider I know has photos they are always anxious to share. If you don't have any action shots, post up a photo of your big wheel showing the edges of the tire or foot pegs all ground down? Maybe you have one with the the big wheel launching and the front tire is airborne? Let's see some evidence you aren't just blowing hot air! :thumbsup:

Let see what I have:
pic1. before a ride in Harrisonburg Va on route 33...bad azz road there.

pic2. after the ride back at meeting place.
pic3. other side
Dragged my pipes to get to ZERO chicken on that ride, but my pegs are Gilles and raised up and back for a reason:laugh: Test Eng, GM Busa, and few others where on that ride watching in surprise!

Yea never said the handing is a + over stock, but it can still get it done. With the fact Im all over the tank working HARD to do it.:thumbsup:
It doesnt take a puffed chest, just big ballz to get that fatty to the edge:lol:

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, BigRod!!! Like to have seen that video and kudos to ya! My learning curve on railing took an abrupt vertical leap 'cause I like to push it...oh well. I got say I'd like to be behind you sometime to see how you do what you do! :thumbsup:

One thing about my off, I'm getting plenty of time to learn the patience that's required to develop my skills...oh freakin' boy.....:whistle: :laugh: :beerchug:

Glad your ok thu.
There was vid shot, but the cam bike was hauling his wife and the vid mount he had was not stabble enough. IT was shaking up and down, could not even watch the vid. :laugh:And anyhow three of us jumped out in front and was waiting 15 min at the bottom for the rest of the pack of 13....:rofl: ANyone in the Va area, you have got to get on 33 north of Harrisonburg. Never seen roads like that before. Mountain to the right or left, road, then guardrail and sky on the other side. The turns where even banked and going up the mountain its 2 lanes wide. The group ( ECHR ) is thinking about running it again in October. Plan to have vid mount on the MULLET buy then. So I CAN show how its done:beerchug:

Glad your ok thu.
There was vid shot, but the cam bike was hauling his wife and the vid mount he had was not stabble enough. IT was shaking up and down, could not even watch the vid. :laugh:And anyhow three of us jumped out in front and was waiting 15 min at the bottom for the rest of the pack of 13....:rofl: ANyone in the Va area, you have got to get on 33 north of Harrisonburg. Never seen roads like that before. Mountain to the right or left, road, then guardrail and sky on the other side. The turns where even banked and going up the mountain its 2 lanes wide. The group ( ECHR ) is thinking about running it again in October. Plan to have vid mount on the MULLET buy then. So I CAN show how its done:beerchug:

where are yaul located in md?

never seen you around...

Let see what I have:
pic1. before a ride in Harrisonburg Va on route 33...bad azz road there.

pic2. after the ride back at meeting place.
pic3. other side
Dragged my pipes to get to ZERO chicken on that ride, but my pegs are Gilles and raised up and back for a reason:laugh: Test Eng, GM Busa, and few others where on that ride watching in surprise!

Yea never said the handing is a + over stock, but it can still get it done. With the fact Im all over the tank working HARD to do it.:thumbsup:
It doesnt take a puffed chest, just big ballz to get that fatty to the edge:lol:

Well big guy, my post wasn't directed to you but since you were kind enough to jump in, I'll be courteous enough to respond.

Tires tell a story and they never lie. And to your credit, yours tells an undeniable story. That tire is as flat as a table top and it only takes a 15 degree lean angle to reach the edge. I see you didn't quite make it to the edge?

I can also tell by your tire that you are fearful of the throttle. If you were throttle skilled, your tires edge would look like this! Which is a BTO15 that came stock on a Gen II busa. When you can make your fatty look like this, I'll be impressed.

DSC02038.jpg

So you may indeed have big Kahonas but I'm afraid you'll need some instruction along with lots of practice to reach the top of the novice class.

If you want to boast about your skills, at least spin the tire a few turns to rough up the rubber before you take your photos. :beerchug:

Dang it, Tuf! Gonna have to change your screen name to MingtheMerciless...:laugh:

Incidently, that is some scrubbin' going on, my brother! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

right, dude is a cold bamma for takin personal attacks on someone

Bamma!
Urban Word of the Day
A general-multi used DC Metro area term used to describe a person who has no style, taste, or class. Usually this person has no idea that he/she is classified as a Bamma - rather they go about their daily lives thinking what they do, say, or wear is acceptable.:laugh:
Urban Dictionary: bamma

Well big guy, my post wasn't directed to you but since you were kind enough to jump in, I'll be courteous enough to respond.

Tires tell a story and they never lie. And to your credit, yours tells an undeniable story. That tire is as flat as a table top and it only takes a 15 degree lean angle to reach the edge. I see you didn't quite make it to the edge?

I can also tell by your tire that you are fearful of the throttle. If you were throttle skilled, your tires edge would look like this! Which is a BTO15 that came stock on a Gen II busa. When you can make your fatty look like this, I'll be impressed.

DSC02038.jpg

So you may indeed have big Kahonas but I'm afraid you'll need some instruction along with lots of practice to reach the top of the novice class.

If you want to boast about your skills, at least spin the tire a few turns to rough up the rubber before you take your photos. :beerchug:

See what you mean, BUT the avon tires are hard. My tire I pic'd has 20+ burnouts from the track and still never look like what you pic'd but in the center. Even imeadiatly after the burn out. Your tire looks like one run at a track with hi speed and many of them turns to blister them up like that.:beerchug:
My boys around here will tell you how often I get squirly rolling out of turn. I know what you mean, but honestly dont think that Avon tire is going to blister up like that.???

Oh and to the comments about fatties breaking up thing. YEp they will: jackshaft bearings, and last night think its by swingarm left side pivot bearing. The big thing is a lot of pull on the bike.

Back