Question about BIG rear wheels

geez...these threads always go south...all this talk about 23 inch rims and $300 jeans and haters :rofl: To get back on topic, big wheels do affect handling and performance but you need to just go ride a bike with one to see the degree of change that occurs. I have a 240 tire and it is a great street bike. If i was mountain carving all the time i def would not have it. It still can corner very well if you aren't afraid to lean on it

Of course it will, the rear tire will affect tip in. The increase in length will make your turning circle larger. If you want to ever track your bike, don't do it. Just because your going to do a wide rear tire doesn't mean you have to go huge 240 is still big, 330 is rediculous. My bike will never have a wide tire kit, but its different strokes for different fokes.

Building a busa for the track...any track you NOT put on a fatty kit. BUT having a fatty kit, does NOT mean you cant run the track. Ive done drag thing and lovin doing it. Planning a SUMMIT POINT track day soon. Just to show I CAN DO IT>:beerchug:

I get the same comments said about my bike, The question is what purpose are u building your bike for? (just like cars, some are built for road racing, some for drag racing) The fat tire does restrict the handling, do i give a sh**? no! I built my bike for me, noone else. If people keep pushing me and talking trash. I'll just tell them FU** road racing or dragging. We can throw down, see who wins then....... usually shuts em right up. wish 4-5 of them would square up.... I need the practice:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Attn. all those that have a fat tire kit on their busa, and say that you should ride one before you get it: I WANT TO RIDE ONE!!! I live in Lincoln, NE. PM me when you will be coming thru.

Well this one has been beat to death, again. Anyway, Love the look of the fatty's just not my style. I will ride with anyone anytime, just ride your bike, make it like you want it, and lets have some fun.

Hey, what is the best kind of oil for my busa? Why do cruisers never wave back? Would recommend nitrogen, or just regular air for my tires? :laugh:

I like your choice of words! At the same time putting a 200 lb+ rider on a bike is also going to reduce handling. I didn't add the 300 for performance! I did the 300 for looks, I think that stock wheel base busa's are fugly...! But I don't jump on there threads and through hate around. But we have people like BillD, Tufbusa, and other lame .org members that love to hate. If I wanted a real sportbike for the twisties I would have kept my R1 or Gixxer 1k. Everything about me is most likely different... I'm black, I have 23's on my SUV, and my jeans cost $300... Feel free to hate on me cuz you can't be me!

dadofthree I like your none hater ways...!:beerchug:

:beerchug: I don't have a 240 cause I can't afford it....for now
but I'll keep trying for 1:please:

put it this way, put a fat one on the back and handling will not get better.
Hey ,lets all make our bikes heavier and ill handling just like the harley guys LOL!

I have always had that same notion. There is a guy here in NC that hit the lottery and bought a ZX14 from RT in Florida with 300 kit some chrome but not overloaded. He stays at the shop from stuff breaking because of that big azz wheel and tire. I saw him there one day and he was complaining about when he called RT and asked why is all this Shyte breaking. He said they told him "you bought a show bike not a race bike" That was some funny stuff. It kills performance too because his cousin tried a 2002 busa with a 300+lb rider and got raped in all three races. How much did the guy on the show bike weigh? 160lbs.HeHeHeHe

I would put a fatty kit on if I could switch it back in 20 minutes. This will probably never be an option. :whistle:

Bamma is right. Where you from...? Chump tryin to bring that Kentland back out...!

I'm not responding to these... no more...! I'm a stay sucka free...!

huh man
and i stay round largo.
just moved back up here from ATL for 4 yrs

born and raised in the urea tho

Well this one has been beat to death, again. Anyway, Love the look of the fatty's just not my style. I will ride with anyone anytime, just ride your bike, make it like you want it, and lets have some fun.

Hey, what is the best kind of oil for my busa? Why do cruisers never wave back? Would recommend nitrogen, or just regular air for my tires? :laugh:

I see, an instigator :laugh:

Won't handle as well.You will loose some rear wheel hp due to more rotating mass.It's your bike do what you want,your opinion is the only one that matters when it's yours.

I ride with some guys from time to time that have the wide tire kits, I like the looks but not for me.

I tell ya, if I had Skinns money I would own a very nice 330 custom, stretched and slammed, and I would get Greg at HPC to finely tune my stock Busa's suspension, and go ride for six months with TufBusa and GregBob and do a dozen trackdays :thumbsup:

Here we go again… Every time someone asks about the PHAT BOYZ the haters come out. Why? I never hate on the canon cavers and won’t start now. The facts are a 300 will run perfectly fine for normal street use. 99% of people will never push there bike to the limit and if they do it won’t be on a public road.

Fact: I have 10000 miles on my 08 busa with a 300 on the back and haven’t had one issue. This includes maintenance or keeping up with anyone. I hear a lot of people talk about PHAT TIRE kits that have never road one and if they did it was for a few miles. Talk to me when you have 10000 miles of real world experience.

10,000 thanks for your post, sir:thumbsup::beerchug:

I have always had that same notion. There is a guy here in NC that hit the lottery and bought a ZX14 from RT in Florida with 300 kit some chrome but not overloaded. He stays at the shop from stuff breaking because of that big azz wheel and tire. I saw him there one day and he was complaining about when he called RT and asked why is all this Shyte breaking. He said they told him "you bought a show bike not a race bike" That was some funny stuff. It kills performance too because his cousin tried a 2002 busa with a 300+lb rider and got raped in all three races. How much did the guy on the show bike weigh? 160lbs.HeHeHeHe

I can guarantee that will not happen to me... I wish a 300lb rider would try me… :whistle: I can’t speak to the reliability of a roaring toys kit but a kit from ATC is top notch! Not to mention the customer service is outstanding.:thumbsup:

Back