Widening a Stock Rear wheel

Just a thumbs up for Sandy Kosman. Had my 17" rear from the Warrior done there with a square lip. Upped it to 8.5 X 18. Checked radial & lateral run out with a dial indicator when I got it back & it ran true.

The weld bead is awesome, a row of dimes.

The square lip wheel is 2 lbs lighter than the radius lip wheel.

hey,heres another pic of the chrome i got from MARK..
Well this is what Mike and John did... Before the paint...

DSC05908a.jpg

Well this is what Mike and John did...  Before the paint...
do they do anything with polishing, or is it all chrome?  and you got your bike painted?  damn, that thing was sick before!!!!
bowdown.gif
their link is listed above,contact them and ask but im goona guess the answer is no since its called "ALLTHINGSCHROME"

Well this is what Mike and John did...  Before the paint...
do they do anything with polishing, or is it all chrome?  and you got your bike painted?  damn, that thing was sick before!!!!
bowdown.gif
Yeah it's painted... I will post the pics this weekend and the pics from bike week... I don't think they do any polishing...

Daniel, I agree with you here.

But it looks like woodwheel may have found a better solution to the initial problem. The oem looking wide wheel on his bike looks way better than anything I have seen widened. Assuming the construction is at least of OEM quality (and I have no reason to doubt it) I would much rather have that wheel on my bike than even a widened Kosman wheel.

Basscrazy
You might inquire about one even in raw finish if you do not want chrome. However if it is CNC, I can see it costing a pretty good chunk.

oemwide.gif

i put a wide tire on my busa but i still weigh too much. im over 300 pounds and that wide tire still wears out in the back. read a post on another website that said put helium in the tires. i tried it and can't believe the difference! the steering is awesome now

i put a wide tire on my busa but i still weigh too much.  im over 300 pounds and that wide tire still wears out in the back.  read a post on another website that said put helium in the tires.  i tried it and can't believe the difference!  the steering is awesome now
Are you joking? What's the Helium supposed to do?

This wheel mod would help me get that 240 kit on quicker but i think I will hold off and get the aftermarket. those levers look awesome ,but I'd be scared to get my fingers chopped off in an unexpected collision devdog. Bad Azz ride.
:thumbsup:

i put a wide tire on my busa but i still weigh too much. im over 300 pounds and that wide tire still wears out in the back. read a post on another website that said put helium in the tires. i tried it and can't believe the difference! the steering is awesome now

HUH? what does it do for tire to fender clearance ???

I've heard that before about the helium, but I've also heard that you lose tire pressure faster, not sure if thats true either...

:cool: here are pics from kosman industries, 330 stock wheel.$1250. includes shipping back to me, plus what it will cost to powdercoat it (80.00) 4 month wait.. I bought a wheel on ebay for 50 dollars.. no down time. still need a swingarm. looking for something under 2000 shipped. if anyone can point me to the right direction. good looks.

GetAttachment.jpg

rg.jpg

sdg.jpg

Last edited:
I'm gonna revive this thread to see if anyone has mounted theirs yet a year later?? I'd love to see it and thinking about doing the 240 one on mine..

Pics??

Back