Widening a Stock Rear wheel

basscrazy

Donating Member
Registered
Guys,
I want to have 2 stock rear wheel widen. (240 and 300) Has anyone here had this done? What is the cost?? & Does anyone know of a company that can handle this? Thanks

From my knowledge you can't widen the actual wheel you will have to purchase another wheel that looks the same, but in the width you want.  I know ALL things chrome offered me a 240 rear that looked just like the front, I ended up getting RC componets savage rims, but it was a cheap way to get a 240 tire.

From my knowledge you can't widen the actual wheel you will have to purchase another wheel that looks the same, but in the width you want.  I know ALL things chrome offered me a 240 rear that looked just like the front, I ended up getting RC componets savage rims, but it was a cheap way to get a 240 tire.
You got a 240 to fit in the stock swingarm
dunno.gif

I read on here one time that you had to stretch the swing arm, as well as have it widened ?

I dont understand your question

you want a fat tire on a stock swingarm???
I have a 240 kit. (everything but the wheel) The intent is to save a bit of money by having the rear wheel expanded to the 240 size (chromed or powder coated (this allows me to keep my front wheel)) instead of buying custom wheels (front and a 240 rear) I am researching the costs diff between the two. In my limited research I have found that the wheels are the most expensive items on the wide tire kits. I am looking for the costs breaks....

how would you do that? with a weld of some type? not sure i'd feel comfortable with that...thats the reason i stretched and stayed stock tire...$1200 compared to 5k

Not worth the risk to mod the wheel. Look at other wheel options. Maybe powdercoast so you can match the front to the rear. If you are going through all the expense of the 240 kit don't try to gut back on the rims, just wait until you an do it all.

Like someone has already said... Allthingschrome.net has 240 or 300 rear to match your front. They are CNC cut.. I don't know the price off the top of my head. Widening the stock will is not an option I would take even if you could find someone to do it. The short version is get the 240 or 300 from allthings and you can keep your front. They can exchange you stock front for a chrome front then you can buy the 240 or 300 CNC cut to match...

contact Mark,  at "allthingschrome".he's a good guy,he will hook you up if he can

f-n spellinq,we need spell ck..haha

contact Mark,  at "allthingschrome".he's a good guy,he will hook you up if he can

His name is Mike (the owner)...  Or talk to John...  Tell them BJ from VA told you to call... You might get my price...  LOL
the guy i deal with is named mark bro,i dont know if he is the internet guy of janator but the emails i get always have the name Mark on them,thats where i get all my chrome from,and i have a little bit..haha

gauges.jpg

Like Professor said:

Dunno how he does it but here:

Stock wheel widening at Kosman

I've seen other pics and it looks pretty good. Give them a call and talk about it. I am fairly certain it's cheaper than aftermarket wheels, and you don't have to replace the front to get them to match.

His name is Mike (the owner)...  Or talk to John...  Tell them BJ from VA told you to call... You might get my price...  LOL
the guy i deal with is named mark bro,i dont know if he is the internet guy of janator but the emails i get always have the name Mark on them,thats where i get all my chrome from,and i have a little bit..haha
The guy you deal with name is Mark...  Ok that is fine...  I been to the shop and have had a pretty good amout of work done and I have never seen or heard of anyone named Mark...  Relax if you guys name is Mark. GREAT.  The bottum line is this is the place to go for whatever you want for a BUSA...

tripple_tree.jpg

Like Professor said:

I've seen other pics and it looks pretty good.  Give them a call and talk about it.  I am fairly certain it's cheaper than aftermarket wheels, and you don't have to replace the front to get them to match.
I have personally seen 3 or more he has done. I posted a picture of one in an earlier thread.

Most of the stuff he builds are to drag race with. If Kosman builds you one, you won't have to worry about it. Someone was going to chrome one. I don't think they are nice enough for chrome, but they do look pretty danged good powdercoated.

Like Professor said:

I've seen other pics and it looks pretty good.  Give them a call and talk about it.  I am fairly certain it's cheaper than aftermarket wheels, and you don't have to replace the front to get them to match.
I have personally seen 3 or more he has done. I posted a picture of one in an earlier thread.

Most of the stuff he builds are to drag race with. If Kosman builds you one, you won't have to worry about it. Someone was going to chrome one. I don't think they are nice enough for chrome, but they do look pretty danged good powdercoated.
Yeah, it's funny how topics come up again and again, just a few wks later.

Back