Put my 240 on today

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
I got a great deal on an All Things Chrome 240 last week from another Org. member, "Speedaddict", or more accuratly, his brother-in-law. Today is the day it goes on.

I got out of bed at reasonable hour, not common for me on the weekend, at we got started.

We got the tail off, the exhaust, passanger pegs and than the problems started. We thought we had a 36mm socket to take the swingarm bolt out, we didnt. Off to sears...Home again, and the swingarm is off, problem solved.

Next we attack the front sprocket, I dont have a compressor and impact wrench, Off to a friends to barrow one and pick up the grinder while where are there, more on that later.
We get the front sprocket changed, no problems there. We move to the stock swingarm to get the needed hardware to transfer over, the upper link bolt and lowering links. Problem, that bolt is ON there, no worries, we have an impact wrench handy, While im off readying the bike for it new arm to friends are gonna get that bolt off, somehow, someway, the manage to hit the directional switch on the impact, the tighten and strip the whole works. CRAP! I dont have an extra on of those, and I already checked Lowes and Home depot for one last season when i couldnt free that same bolt and considered cutting it to change the links, They dont carry a suitable replacement. I get on the phone a call another friend, Pat, he has 2 Drag Busa and enough spare parts, motors, and fairings to build a 3rd. BINGO! he has the needed bolt. Chop the old one and move along.

In order to put the 240 rear on the frame needs to be clearenced for the offset front/rear sprockets. I start workin on it with the grinder, works okay but not to precise and not able to get the whole notch cut do to the motor.
Out Comes the Dremal, wish i would have used that from the begining, far cleaner cut although more time.
So the slot is cut, we have all the bits and peices so on it goes. There is still more to do, I need to get a master link, bleed the brakes and a few other details. the pics are pretty self explainatory, enjoy. :thumbsup:

PS- other than missing pieces, can anyone find whats different about my Busa?

Busa 240 001.jpg

Busa 240 002.jpg

Busa 240 003.jpg

Busa 240 004.jpg

Busa 240 007.jpg

Busa 240 008.jpg

Busa 240 009.jpg

Looks very good, looks good and centered also. I like my girls with a lil more out back. Hey frog where ya at in NY?
Posted via Mobile Device

Looking good. Heads up....stiffen your spring so the tire does NOT make contact with the tail!!!!!! The stretch will make the stock setting seem soft and spungy. Also hint, before you bleed the brake line....could you at the rear caliper come off it to the front and run the line under the arm vs out the rear and over the top? Get the extra slack of the line up to ther resivor.
The tail shot looks like like you got fairly centered:thumbsup:

Looking good. Heads up....stiffen your spring so the tire does NOT make contact with the tail!!!!!! The stretch will make the stock setting seem soft and spungy. Also hint, before you bleed the brake line....could you at the rear caliper come off it to the front and run the line under the arm vs out the rear and over the top? Get the extra slack of the line up to ther resivor.
The tail shot looks like like you got fairly centered:thumbsup:

It would touch already if the undertail were installed. I need to order a set of the spanners to tighten the spring up. Good call on the brake line, didnt even cross my mind.

the pic is a litttle misleading, the wheel seems to be off to the right a touch, the sprokets line up so the spacers must be correct, right? The axel still isnt tightened down so i think that may move it over, hopefully, i was told that this kit didnt off-set the rear wheel, gonna research that now.
Anymore advice is much appreiciated:thumbsup:

Great looking! Is the difference, GSX-1300R, not Hayabusa? Being a newb to motorcycles, what benefits can a bigger rear tyre give you, or is it almost only cosmetics?

Great looking! Is the difference, GSX-1300R, not Hayabusa? Being a newb to motorcycles, what benefits can a bigger rear tyre give you, or is it almost only cosmetics?

Same thing, its a GSX1300R "hayabusa", or just a Busa, all the same bike. As far as i know the only benifiet is cosmetic, i maybe wrong. The fat tire wont help handling, the width would help traction, but the added weight seems to counter-act that. The length would help with launching at a drag strip, but being wide the previous problems arise. Im no expert but thats my .02

Oh well, looks sweet:laugh:

I havent heard of a 240 that wasnt offset some, Without a Jackshaft that is.

Thought so, i was told it wouldnt be off, but people tell me lots of things.:laugh: No biggie, its the price you pay to be wide. Whats your status with your kit?

Back