Pushing bussa\'/maui visits LA-

OB_ducmanic

Registered
Today maui came to LA and we had lunch and talked bussa'-
I tried to do a second gear burnout as we drove past "Clay mans" house and snapped another DID EVM chain. Maui and i
inspected the chain and found radial cracking around the inner rollers and into the side plates.
As only two machinists can conclude, maui and i have determined that DID chains are junk. Warning: Don't stage your bussa'
on DID-
It will break after about 10 passes, it may take your water pump with it- I haven't looked "in there" yet Another day in paradise-
And thanks for the premo coffee maui-

ducmanic
Los Angeles

I would use a Tsubaki Sigma 530 chain Duc!

1 yr warranty unlimited milage!

I would like to see you try and break it! It's heavy and tough! My GSXR1100 was blowing chains untill I geared it up with this baby. NO MORE PROBLEMS!!

Throwing a chain is no fun, I don't think that is good entertainment for anybody. I did it last week and missed a trip to the Stir Crazy because of it. I figured I was lucky the chain didn't wad in the rear and lock my back tire, or wad in front and split a case. Turns out it whipped up in back and broke my taillight lens and dented my license plate! I didn't see that at first.

I have always sworn by RK O-ring chains, although Tsubaki chains are preferred for racing because they don't have the resistance that O-rings add. They transfer power more efficiently, but don't give the mileage of an O-ring chain. I've never used DID. But Tsubaki and RK are pretty tough. Just get rid of the master link; go endless.

Did ol' Maui get a ride in? What did he think of seeing the Busa in the flesh for the first time?

Sorry 'bout the chain. Must be a sickening feeling. Did you lunch your sprockets, too, or did it just spit the chain out on the road?

RK CHAIN!! Paatooey.. I blew mine off twice, they change the cc rating on their chain AFTER you buy and install it, after 2 years my RK chain went from a 1100cc rating to a 600. Never again! Not many if any 530 chains recommend higher than 1000cc, except for the Sigma chain. 750+cc, no problem!
Usually they will only aknowledge 1000+cc when you buy a 532 series.

Duc! MAKE SURE IT COMES WITH A SOFT NOSED LINK!! Don't use a spring clip.

[This message has been edited by BullDog (edited 26 October 1999).]

I'm using a did vm gold now with no problems so far. I do have the rivetied link though. Has anyone used the EK rxo?? I have a new one and have thought about putting it on but it has smaller side plates but larger pins than the did. Anyone know anything about that chain??

what happened to the stock chain? did you replace it just for the hell of it? mine has endured some pretty brutal abuse and is hanging on my sprockets as i speak. noooo problems ! and im talking about alot of wheelies , severe burnouts and hard launches(especially since i got the clutch mod and mez3 race comp.).

Thanks for the info/advice, Bulldog. Your first comment is just about what my bike said about its RK chain...PAATOOEY!! I admit I have plenty to learn about what the current good hardware is. Most of my knowledge is about 5 to 10 years out of date. I got some catchin' up to do.

Pete, I was lucky...it came out pretty clean. It carved a few little divots in the aluminum of the cases around the countershaft sprocket, and left a few shavings in the chain lube muck around there. But I lucked out. I was going about 70, and downshifted to third and nailed the throttle when it spat the master link. BAD over-revvage of my old engine under no load...OUCH!!

Back