puig wind screen questions

justa-busa-girl

Registered
hey guys and girls that use the puig screens im thinking of buying one and i love the looks of the dark smoke, my question is my bike is mostly used for drag racing and i need to be able to see throught the screen while in a tuck. Is the dark smoke to dark to see clearly through??

I would go with the light smoke. You can see through the dark smoke, but it is hard to make out detail.

Do not go with the dark smoke if you run evening sessions, or run with a dark shield. You will not be able to see sufficiently with the dark smoke Puig.

like BigBSBusa (and everyone else) said, "don't do it, go with the light smoke"

here is a pic of my dark smoke...as you can probably tell, it would not give you the best sight if you are behind it in a full tuck :beerchug:

IMG_0199 (Large).jpg

Light smoke for sure...lmk if I can get you one...should have in stock...

What they said. Dark smoke will be to dark even during the day which im guessing when most of your riding will be at the strip, and way to dark for night racing.

Yup. I have the dark smoke and it looks great, but I never tuck in behind it. Doubt you'll be able to see through it well enough to race.

Not to hyjack _but does anybody remember the windscreen that was super expensive and had an iridescent look to it? TIA

Go light smoke...I have the dark. During good daylight you can see out, but during dusk or evening...it is mucher darker.

GO with a light smoke! I have one on order for the 08 busa. But got one on the 02 1k and love it!

Can someone tell me if the Puig Light Smoke windscreen has a fade like in this photo? It looks like its dark on the bottom, but then fades to a very "light smoke" as the name entails. Or is that dark coloring actually the top of the dash that i'm seeing?

08busasmoke%20%5B500%5D.jpg

Can someone tell me if the Puig Light Smoke windscreen has a fade like in this photo? It looks like its dark on the bottom, but then fades to a very "light smoke" as the name entails. Or is that dark coloring actually the top of the dash that i'm seeing?

08busasmoke%20%5B500%5D.jpg

Think you're looking at the dash. Don't see any change in shade on mine.

Back