Proposed Color Scheme for Paint job

ThunderPants

Donating Member
Registered
I am thinking about using the blue and white from the GSXR's, but maybe a more metallic blue. Here are a couple of ideas what it would look like.

This one should be a little easier for the painter to do(less money) and I think it looks great with the white Kanji to break up the blue. I am leaning towards this one. And I am going to do the belly wing in blue not white like it is in the picture.

blue_top_decal.jpg

Here is the other one I like, the only difference is the white stripe under the front turn signals. I am also going to have them paint the inner fairing panels as well. Tell me what you think and any suggestions you can think of.

Thanks guys.

white_top_decal.jpg

That looks good.

My opinion here... Busa's don't look right with any straight lines on them at all. Its just a big bulbous bike. That's why all of the factory paint schemes have curved lines.

Yeah I know what you are saying, I took a picture of an '04 and had our graphics guy modify it. We just straightened out the middle white part on the fairing. Here is the pic we started with.

GSX1300K4A.jpg

the first one looks good ... maybe with like a pearl white off of a 1992 nissan maxima and the blue

the first one looks good ... maybe with like a pearl white off of a 1992 nissan maxima and the blue
Yes the pearl sounds excellent. I personally like the first pic with the all blue upper area. Personally, I would love to see it all solid blue, but that's just me.

Brian

Great idea, I don't care for the blue/white gixxer colours though IMHO, so it doesn't really turn my crank with those colours.
blush.gif

Yes the pearl sounds excellent.  I personally like the first pic with the all blue upper area.  Personally, I would love to see it all solid blue, but that's just me.

Brian
I was thinking about the pearl white as opposed to the flat white. I was also thinking about making the whole tail blue with just a little bit of the white on the tank and the fairing.

Thanks for the opinions guys, all input is welcome even if you say you don't like it
smile.gif

I like it, but I'd keep the belly pan white, not blue. I think the bike will look to 'squat' with it being blue... I like the gixxer white and blue.. probably my favourite colours for the gixxers.
biggrin.gif
The pearl would probably be very nice.

I like it, but I'd keep the belly pan white, not blue.  I think the bike will look to 'squat' with it being blue... I like the gixxer white and blue.. probably my favourite colours for the gixxers.  
biggrin.gif
Do you mean the little wing in front of the rear wheel or the lower part of the fairings?

I like it, but I'd keep the belly pan white, not blue.  I think the bike will look to 'squat' with it being blue... I like the gixxer white and blue.. probably my favourite colours for the gixxers.  
biggrin.gif
Do you mean the little wing in front of the rear wheel or the lower part of the fairings?
I think he's talkin of the wing under the bike.  Just go to Schnitz racing and buy the billet aluminum one with the kanji and have it either polished or chromed.  Now that would be da lick...

Brian

Check it out:  
Damn price has gone up since I bought mine last year.  I only paid something like $35 for mine, but it looks good though.  Just my .02

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080929656 -->

I don't know call me crazy but I kind of like it. It is a lot flashier than what I want but I like the idea.

Of the two pics I like the first one better, without the white below the front turn signal. Looks much cleaner and flows better. Not sure I like the "point" in the white on the lower fairing though. It's kinda harsh. My eyes are lead into that point and then they stop. It breaks up the flow of the bike by stoppin' the eyes there. Just my $.02 though...

biggrin.gif
Sorry, I mean the piece right in front of the rear wheel.

Back