GSX1100R Paint Scheme

Dr.Strangelove

Registered
Having had one of the most beautiful bikes Ever The 1987 GSX1100R in two tone Blue and white with white wheels Best Color scheme Suzuki ever had .
What I would really like is for SUZUKI to bring out a Hayabusa in that color scheme ( Please take note suzuki designers )
Anyone out there think the same ?
For years now I have thought I would never get another bike that meant so much to me as the GSX1100R did and for years I have regretted selling it and have yet to find another one available . Seems people hold onto them if they have them . Something I should have done .
Then came along the Hayabusa and this time I will hold onto to it no mateer what . Anyone else think the GSX scheme would suit the Hayabusa ?

Having had one of the most beautiful bikes Ever The 1987 GSX1100R in two tone Blue and white with white wheels Best Color scheme Suzuki ever had .
What I would really like is for SUZUKI to bring out a Hayabusa in that color scheme ( Please take note suzuki designers )
For years now I have thought I would never get another bike that meant so much to me as the GSX1100R did and for years I have regretted selling it and have yet to find another one available . Seems people hold onto them if they have them . Something I should have done .
Then came along the Hayabusa and this time I will hold onto to it no mateer what . Anyone else think the GSX scheme would suit the Hayabusa ?

NICE :thumbsup:

I liked it too. I had a 86 red white and blue. I started with the GS1100E.same color and all. Back then I was 16 and thought it was the fastest bike ever made. The old GS is where it all started. I wish I still had both of them,Just to tuck away in the corner.

Suzuki%20GSXR1100%2087%20%201.jpg

86 gsxr1100.jpg

1982 GS1100EZ.jpg

I had an 85 GS1150F. Had a lot of great times with her, ahhh the memories of my youth.

85suzuki.jpg

Totally cool,had both of those myself:thumbsup: My '87 was like a museum piece I bought it with 16,000 miles on it from a 58 yr old in '92, man he took great care of it. Sure wish I still had it too. That would be a nice paint scheme. My GS1100E was a bit rough to say the least but was my first taste of big Suzuki's-been hooked ever since

82 GS1100.jpg

I had an 85 GS1150F. Had a lot of great times with her, ahhh the memories of my youth.

85suzuki.jpg

Very nice, A close friend also had one just like yours with a Bassinni header,sounded like a WWII P-51, ah what sweet sound that was,o'tobe young again. I still had all my hair back then LOL

You are wrong about the best paint scheme. That belonged to the 86 1100.

here are my two.

I would love to get two more, one of each colour.

103-0331_IMG.jpg

1.jpg

I say why wait for Suzuki to do it sounds like a great idea. My bro still has his grandPa.

I had 2 1984 Suzuki GS550ES - 1 street & 1 racebike - blue/white
My 1st roadrace experience in 1985.

Below my baby, 1986 Honda VF1000R First full fairing sport bike in US. 630# dry weight. I won best 1980's Honda in a show. Sold it to buy my Busa.

RTSIDE.jpg

My old bike rebuilt by my brother in law:beerchug:

pig20.06.07.jpg

Last edited:

That was my second bike. Just sold it this year... it needed more work that I could put into it. I absolutely love it, and would love to see a retro color scheme on the busa.

Nice bikes!!
I bought my 87 blue and white 1100 in 1990. It had 2300 miles and I paid $3200 for it.
It was bone stock. I still have it and race it in SC at PMRA. I put a newer body on it , but still have the original body work. I have always wanted to paint the new body exactly like the blue /white stock body,but haven't yet. I will never get rid of it.
I also have a 93 blue and white 1100. I don't ride it anymore since i got my 08 Busa.

I,m afraid that all i have is a GS1100g naked only mod is the exhaust. I bought her for $300 she had been un reg for 18 months cost me $850 for a service and tune. Has started a bit of a thing at work as one of the boys went and bought a GS1100GK. I know that its not the best of pics but the paintwork is original

138_3856.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had 2 1984 Suzuki GS550ES - 1 street & 1 racebike - blue/white
My 1st roadrace experience in 1985.

Below my baby, 1986 Honda VF1000R First full fairing sport bike in US. 630# dry weight. I won best 1980's Honda in a show. Sold it to buy my Busa.

RTSIDE.jpg

DAYMM, I work with a guy that rides one of these to work almost every day.

Back