Proper rear stand procedeure?

If you really want to make a trick set up, screw two eye bolts into the ceiling where you park, spaced out to match the width of your bars. Hang a couple tie down straps.
Park, loop them around the grips, pull out the slack, and bingo !! You can put it up on the stand and leave them on for safety sake. :cheerleader:

Disclaimer: I have not done this in many years, just have not got around to it in this house.
It's on the "to do " list, oh and when the wife comes out and says " what the heck are you doing on the ladder making holes in the ceiling" you can blame me.....:rofl:

Last edited:
The hardest part is geting over the fear of droping her. I can do the back with the pitbull no problem, Take the grab bar and use my hip to lean her up steady postion the stand and lift her up. The front was the hardest for me to get use to beacuse its so heavy and you think it's goin to tip, but once you have the back up it's not goin anywhere. It's so easy once you get the hang of it... Good Luck bud.

I put my left hand on the hump and as I push down on the hump, I roll the bike to center, no brick, no 2X4, no nothing but my left hand. When it's centered, I use my right hand to roll the pitbull in from behind and get both hooks on the spools. When I'm sure I have positive tension on the spools, I push back with my right hand a VOILA !!!! :super:

I just stand the bike up and put the stand under the spools and push back on the stand and up she goes. I cheat a little, I usually hook the lower side first and apply a little pressure, that way the bike stands up a little.

Here, with the proper rearstand, it is a piece of cake!

:thumbsup:

r8

110_1031.jpg

MacFast and I had some issues with the two person method :whistle: You'll get it, and then go with the do it by yourself method; it's safer :laugh:

I just park my busa on baxley sport chock and use pitbull bike stand to push the rear up without removing the hump.

Last edited:
Back