Proper rear stand procedeure?

Registered
The last time I used a rear stand w/ swingarm spools was on a CBR1000RR but that was a few years back and I forget the correct way to get her up on the spools. Also I'm a bit worried since the Busa will be heavier than the old CBR, could y'all give a brother a quick refresher course, I don't wanna drop her ya know.:thumbsup:

Remove the hump and get a brick or a 2x4 for leaning the bike's side stand on and with rear stand in place, use the bracing rail inside the hump (or with the rear seat on, use the grab rail) to steady the bike. Position the stand and push down all the way. Before letting go of the rail, check to see that both spools have been hooked into the stand securely and that's it. The brick or 2x4 allows the bike to be almost straight up for proper positioning of the stand but it can be tippy so hold on pulling the bike towards you as you lift it onto the stand. Be sure to put the side stand down for removal from the stand and as you lower it, pull it towards you (or the side stand). Front wheel should be straight as well.

I put the kickstand on a piece of a 2x12, and take the hump off. Then put the stand under the left side spool and using the brace under the hump for a handle, push it over until it rests on the right side spool too, then heave down on the handle and up it comes.
The guy up at the LMS who does it a couple of dozen times a day just pushes the bike upright with his hip, slides the stand under both spools and it's up. Takes him about 2 seconds.:bowdown:

Ya know that 2x4 thing makes a whole lotta sense, that's something I never thought of on the CBR and it was always a balancing act, I guess I got lucky never dumping her. THANKS!!

Just put the bike up on the rear stand. What's the problem? Just do it.

Here, with the proper rearstand, it is a piece of cake!

Last edited by a moderator:
Say, "Hey Wife, come hold my bike while I put it on the stand." Tell her if you drop it you have to buy a new one. :rofl:

Just put the bike up on the rear stand. What's the problem? Just do it.
My method is almost that easy..........
One Pit Bull rear stand PLUS one wife to balance the bike upright before I lift it up! Piece of cake! :laugh:
EDIT: HAHA......you and me "MPH 200" a couple of wussies we are, eh?? :)

Last edited:
Listen azzlikka... you buy the best, you get teh best ok? :rofl:

If ya gots skills, ya don't need the best...especially since those go for like $$$ TWO HUNDRED FIDDY dollars

Great stand thou :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I have a Vortex, is it considered a decent one to get her up?

Yes, just use the 2x4 under the side stand method and have someone help you for the first few times. Then after you gain some confidence, you should have no problem on your own :beerchug:

I got a Pit Bull forward handle stand. You can hold the left handlebar, position the stand & lift. $139.00. :thumbsup:

With the forward-handle stand, make sure the kick stand is UP, or else it will catch on the stand.

I put the kickstand on a piece of a 2x12, and take the hump off. Then put the stand under the left side spool and using the brace under the hump for a handle, push it over until it rests on the right side spool too, then heave down on the handle and up it comes.
The guy up at the LMS who does it a couple of dozen times a day just pushes the bike upright with his hip, slides the stand under both spools and it's up. Takes him about 2 seconds.:bowdown:
That's the way I do it, the hip method.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
That's the way I do it, the hip method.:thumbsup:

Back