proper busa break in.....

Panda_1

Registered
ive heard two different things, one is not to rag on the bike for the first 500 to ensure proper break in and the other its to drive the bike like u would any other fully broken in bike. which one is correct?

Me too.......Break it in how you are gonna ride it.........And my Busa is strong and runs high mile per hour at dragstrip compared to others.
Did my 05 gixxer 750 the same way. My brother and I bought our 750's at the same time in March. He was learning to ride and I got on mine hard from the start. We took the bikes to the drag strip and I rode both. His with an easy first 1000 miles as he is learning to ride I managed 131mph thru the traps. My 750 with slightly less miles than his but with hard break in from the first day I managed a consistant 134 mph thru the traps.......

I broke mine in very hard and it runs great.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

cut and paste, read up and make your own determination.
Good Luck.
That is very interesting info!! I kinda of did a mixed break-in, mostly goinf per Suzuki's recommendations but sometimes being a little rough with it... Kinda glad i did now!

I'll give that method a try on my next bike for sure...

race.gif

Having ran in two new busa's , first one according to the manual and my new one '' ride it like you stole it '' . Have to say this one is sweeter . Pays your money you takes your choice..

hummm.... Not sure what to think about that one... I am leaning toward following the owner's manual on engine break-in. If I recall the conversations with my mechanic, I thought there was more to it then just piston rings... If I remember correctly, you are also waiting for the bearings to completely lube with oil. When the engine is put back together, they use that oil substitute to keep everything lubed until the oil can completely lubricate everything properly...

Not an expert, just recalling conversations with my buddy and mechanic...

CLoud

i think im just going to break her in with the occasional higher rpm pull. kind of coming between the factory manual and the moto man suggestions.

Back