What is the Proper Break In for my New Busa?

To go by the book in one thing. I got mine in May and the dealer told me not to redline it. I have always broke new vehicles in like I am going to drive them. I don't drive them in the ground but, I don't baby them either. I have enjoyed mine. Mostly cruised around and got on it hard a few times. Hope that helps.
Brian

Ride it like you stole it
super.gif

You'll get about 3-4 different answers, from the manual to God knows what...

Luckily mine was already broken in!
smile.gif

The book says not to exceed 5500rpm for the first 600 miles...don't exceed 8000rpm till 1000 miles...after that let'er rip  
tounge.gif

Just ride it like you would a broken in bike...DON'T baby it...DON'T cruise it at a constant RPM. Run it through the gears...accelerate HARD
up through the gears and down shift it too...to LOAD and UNLOAD the engine.

If you do go for a long cruise on the HWY, just vary the rpm's by using different gears.

Your bike is already broken in! The first 20 miles is the break-in period. Read that mototune site! VERY INFORMATIVE!

(BA BUSA @ Jul. 08 2007,08:02) The book says not to exceed 5500rpm for the first 600 miles...don't exceed 8000rpm till 1000 miles...after that let'er rip  
tounge.gif

Just ride it like you would a broken in bike...DON'T baby it...DON'T cruise it at a constant RPM. Run it through the gears...accelerate HARD
up through the gears and down shift it too...to LOAD and UNLOAD the engine.

If you do go for a long cruise on the HWY, just vary the rpm's by using different gears.
+1 Very, Very Good Advice  
jump9.gif

what I like to do is push it over on both sides right off the bat.
Gets rid of all that NEW ride anxiety...
Then I take it out to a dead end street, rev it out in 1st gear and loop a wheelie as hard as it can possible go.
By that time, she'll be good and broken in.

I broke mine in by running 70 to 125 in 5th gear which was 7000 rpm,that's not hard at all.did it at wide open throttle.If you want break it in good,and not go over 6000rpms,throttle it hard through the gears and shift at 6000.which is 125 I beleive in 6th.
  Running a engine under a load is great for break in,but run the rpm's up then down.I was at 9000rpm's before 600 miles,and red line right after service,in 3rd gear!
   Before the busa I had a FZ1.On the way home from the dealer I had it to 115mph.It red line at 11,500.I shifted at 9500rpm's in 2 gears before I got it home.I have never owned a 4 cylinder that used oil inbetween services.
   Here's a good load run 50 to 110 in 5th gear.
 Built alot of engines in my life,on break in I go by feel on the 1st test drive on how it needs to be run.

Back