problem :

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Hey buddy's need your opinion plz :
Whats goin on with my tire wear? This tire has about 7K miles or so. Forks seem solid, no leaks... the tire mount guy said to check pressure & oil in the front forks, I checked the manual and that looks complicated even requires a special tool. Any comments appreciated
thumbs-up.gif

N.E. - Cheese - Narcis ? ? ?
rock.gif
anyone ...

tire cupping or uneven wear is common on the left side. Do you ride alot of crowned roads or badly paved one"s?

I ain't no expert but it looks like low pressure to me. My bike looses about a 1/2 # a day. Weather its porous wheels or bleeding sidewalls I don't know but the air chuck & tire gauge never get put away,

If it tracks down the road straight and your pressure is good, I wouldnt worry about it.

But seriously you should be changing your tire long before that there.

statistically, we turn left LONGER than we turn right, so that doesn't seem unusual for 7k on the tire.  in city left turns are more leanable and grinding then righters.  that seems like high mileage for a busa tire.  try to find more large sweeping right turns!  
biggrin.gif
but I am FAR from expert... just a guy making noise

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083070340 -->

Thanx men, anyone try putting a couple of zip ties around the forks? You ride around for a bit... bumpy road... couple of wheelies... then measure where they are to check if they are even, some one suggested that and it seems reasonable...
rock.gif

That's pretty nasty. I'd try the zip ties, it does seem like you're suspension might need to be even. Check the settings maybe, I found mine to be uneven once. Either that or you're grabbing too much brake in the left handers, or even going too hard, pushing the front. Do you drift wide going left?

I would check everything from the bushings in your fork mount tube(the part where you trees bolt to the frame), roll it forward and hit front brakes. Watch for movement and listen for clunking. Wheel bearings being seated correctly, supension sag(as you mentioned), and even the front axle. Something is definitely off but, unfortunately the only way to know for sure is to go through it.

The more I look at those pics, it seems that there is something structurally wrong with the tire, maybe in the belts. Is that the Diablo you got? If I remember right, they make them all on one machine. Supposedly a perfect tire, lol. There is just so much tread on the outer edge and bald in the right/center area. I will talk to the owner at the local superbike shop in the morning and post his opinion tomorrow evening. I trust him, he tunes, builds, races, etc...

I spoke to him and he said that with the description I gave him that your rear axle may be out of alignment. I asked if that really affected the front tire that much and he said it can. There is a GSXR with a Fish's Extended swingarm at the shop that is wearing the front weird and he said it is because of the swingarm being made cheaply and not being in proper alignment with the frame. Some customers will only let us fix certain things and will not put the money they need to in their bikes to make them right. I hope you get it fixed and when you do, I am curious to know what it is.

Back