Pro performance shop near chicago

dxj_1

Registered
Does anyone know of any good cycle performance shop near Chicago IL.  I’m looking for some shop references and/or experiences with those shops. I’m hoping to complete a few mods before the end of this year and I'll need some help.

- Clutch Mod
- MPS air shifter
- Install a PCIII USB
- Need a good place to dyno and tune my bike
- Might change out the sprockets
- Seriously want to chat with someone on the 1397 big bore mod

Any references and experiences with shops in my area would be appreciated. Thanks

<!--EDIT|dxj_1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156184057 -->

PDRM1284_2.JPG

Someone must have a goto shop in or around Chicago or IL. I’m open to traveling to a good shop. Any good recommendations would be helpful. Thanks

sad.gif
 <marquee><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Nobody Cares.</span></marquee> Ok I guess I'll jump back into the Evo vs. God discussion.

<!--EDIT|dxj_1
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156338231 -->

try Fornarelli Racing in South Elgin. He's built some SERIOUS all motor busa's as well as turbo and nitrous bikes. He kind of specializes in Suzuki's also. His # is (847) 697-7300. He doesn't have a dyno and I don't know how good his dyno guy is, but for dyno tuning, call Brian at Win Racing in Naperville. He is the dyno MAN. He specializes in turbo busa's, motor busa's, ZX12's and drag bikes. He was Ken Stotz's tuner when Stotz was racing for Hahn. His # is (630) 978-8856. If you want, I can do those installs in my garage. I've never done those exact mods, but I have lots of sportbike experience and was a Master Level 1 BMW technician so i'm very mechanically inclined. I'm in Winfield, IL. Oh yeah, whatever you do, DO NOT GO TO CHICAGO PERFORMANCE.

<!--EDIT|black954
Reason for Edit: None given...|1156380629 -->

Oh yeah, whatever you do, DO NOT GO TO CHICAGO PERFORMANCE.
[/QUOTE]

Whats wrong with Chicago Performance?

I was there yesterday shopping for some gear. Should I be glad that I didn't buy anything
biggrin.gif

Personally I didn't like the place much. Small place. Seemed a bit crammed up. High prices. And most of the stuff I asked for, the guy said he could "Order". Well, I can order too - at probably half the price. So why would I want to buy from him
wink.gif

Chicago Performance steals parts off of customer bikes and replaces them with wrecked bike pieces. They also have a shaddy Ebay store -just read their feedback remarks. I had my 900RR at their shop and they charged my $290 for them to swap the steering head bearings cause I had them in upside down (long story but I bought the bike in pieces and it had an aftermarket Erion racing triple clamp that they had installed for the previous owner. I though they knew what they were doing and took it back to them) DO NOT BUY FROM CHICAGO PERFORMANCE. Their turbo busa in the window does not run and hasn't ever run, nice way to showcase your shops abilities. I also wouldn't recomend Speed Limit. All the bikes they sell are insurance wrecks that they have rebuilt. That's why they all have custom paint jobs.

It’s funny you mention Chicago Performance. I too had a bad experience with them guys.

Case and point - they advertised stuff on ebay they don’t have. I even called their store the guy promised me he had the item in stock Trac +6 swingarm and when I brought it he told me it was just sold. I said yeah to me, I brought it online. He lied….anyway I had to wait a couple of weeks for my part. When I got to his store, the windows had been shot up with a bb gun. Pissed off customer I think?
rock.gif
Weird….but after that I notice the seller was suspended from Ebay for awhile. I guess he’s back now.

Thanks for the references pricing out some parts to see where I want to start. I’m thinking clutch mod and MPS air shifter.

Chicago Performance steals parts off of customer bikes and replaces them with wrecked bike pieces. They also have a shaddy Ebay store -just read their feedback remarks. I had my 900RR at their shop and they charged my $290 for them to swap the steering head bearings cause I had them in upside down (long story but I bought the bike in pieces and it had an aftermarket Erion racing triple clamp that they had installed for the previous owner. I though they knew what they were doing and took it back to them) DO NOT BUY FROM CHICAGO PERFORMANCE. Their turbo busa in the window does not run and hasn't ever run, nice way to showcase your shops abilities. I also wouldn't recomend Speed Limit. All the bikes they sell are insurance wrecks that they have rebuilt. That's why they all have custom paint jobs
[/QUOTE]

Ohhh ok. Then I AM glad that I didn't buy anything from them. Even though I was there just for gear...

Thanks for the info buddy.

Back