Need Veteran Input

Thank you all for the advice. Most every post said something very significant, and I’m thankful that so many of you took the time to post.

I did some further thinking as to why I got myself in such hot water with the Busa and came up with the conclusion that I was being an idiot.

I was pushing the envelope with a piece of equipment that had not yet fully bonded with: My XX would get crazy at high RPM’s, it would redline, and the party would stop until next gear. The busa starts her party at low RPM’s and keeps going and going and GOING!! Before I knew it, I was at 8K RPM and spooked at to why I was going so freaking fast. I was like: “I don’t understand thisâ€.

I was speeding on unfamiliar roads: I was on an expressway that I’d never ridden on: Before I knew it, I was at 125 or so, the road started an unexpected curve, cars started merging from the right, and TREES WERE ALL AROUND. Oh the trees! Switching the load from the back tire to the front tire, while initiating a change of direction, (with cars merging from my right) left me one step away from SplatsVille, USA. My tires felt so thin right then!

I let my ego dictate my actions: A M3 was taunting me and my ego wanted to put him in is place! All I can say is that letting one’s ego dictate decisions on the Busa is a one-way ticket to trouble.

Total rookie mistakes…despite my experience.... The mistakes above are just a few reasons why people die on motorcycles.

The good news is that I got back in the saddle yesterday. Dropped off the kid at a friend’s house for two hours and did some Busa bonding. Other than an idiot almost turning left in front of me, the ride was wonderful. Maintained throttle until a choice moment or two. Did a couple of nice 130mph taps and was not scared in the least. Nothing but open road and the sound of ram air singing between my legs.

How sweet is that? My bike is so beautiful and I love it. It is perfect for me.

But…..I do think so much of the dangers, having seen the immediate aftermaths of two dead pilots on the road. Victims of a car turning left – both of them. Sadly, I went back the next day to visit the chalk marks of one fallen brother’s body on the pavement... just to think about it. The risks for us are so real. He was going no faster than 40.

Thank you all. I appreciate your input more than you know.

Scott

It sounds like you are learning the characters of the Busa, Scott.

Take your time. Forget all of those trees.

Tip for the day; Two points to focus on in a turn, the APEX and the EXIT POINT. All else is scenery.

Save the M3 for another day. Believe me, he'll come around again.
wink.gif
Their egos can't help themselves.
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|Cookie
Reason for Edit: "because I can"|1078114761 -->

M3
rock.gif
? Dude give it a couple of months and you will no longer be sweatin M3s... You'll be hunting for bigger fish to Humiliate, Z06s, that Balding dude in his Viper GTS coupe, the "Badass" F&F looking Turbo RX-7... You'll make them all look just plain silly....

Good to get yourself back in check busa04...the Busa's so fun and it's all too easy to wind her out until you scare yourself silly, but the choice is always yours as to whether or not you really need to ride like that...is it worth the risk to yourself, others around you, your wallet should you wreck or get a ticket...

You'll get there...just take your time and take it easy...like Rev said - if you ever feel that scared of it, move on to something else...I think you've gotten your head straight though...sounds like you're on the road to keeping the Busa...
smile.gif

Good idea to get out and get used to the bike.

I must admit I have some of the same feelings about going too fast sometimes. Then it's time to take a cruise and purposely go slow.(er) and work on control, and technique. Pick your spots to yank that throttle carefully.

hehehe.... I can help get ya past the fear of arrest thing you got....
Ok ok so Im a smart a$$, but we all have to give help to other Busa pilots in a way we know how...

Sure appreciate all of the feedback.  So much of it simple...yet very effective.  Really helped me get through the "go fast as possible every possible second" phase
smile.gif

After sleeping with Ms. Busa, I don't think it's possible to go back  
biggrin.gif

Yup, she is a keeper

Oh, and I might even be smiling while going to jail  
tounge.gif

PS -- The brakes sure borderline suck.  Can anyone recommend what brand of pads to put on? Brakelines? Thanks  
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|04busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1078267367 -->

smile.gif

Hmmmm sounds like another one didn't read the warning label before they ppurchased a busa..... "Danger riding a busa has been determined to cause indebtedness due to constantly wanting to do 'another mod'; the pucker factor due to extreme moments of thrill which can easily be misconstrued for a panic attack; loss of raise of insurance due to excessive speeding tickets, and worst yet loss of license
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

We've all been through ... no matter what you were riding nothing is likeriding a busa and it takes ome getting use to. the more you ride the more confident you will get but addictive... the more confident you get the more you want to ride ...

My suggestion ---- enjoy it !!!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Sure appreciate all of the feedback.  So much of it simple...yet very effective.  Really helped me get through the "go fast as possible every possible second" phase
smile.gif

After sleeping with Ms. Busa, I don't think it's possible to go back  
biggrin.gif

Yup, she is a keeper

Oh, and I might even be smiling while going to jail  
tounge.gif

PS -- The brakes sure borderline suck.  Can anyone recommend what brand of pads to put on? Brakelines? Thanks  
smile.gif
Um Yeah the brakes do lack a certain amount of feel...  First I recommend taking the bike back to the dealer and if they didn't out a check mark by "Bleed Brakes" on your initial check list have them bleed em'.  That made a big difference on mine.  Then you will want some Spiegler Stainless lines They are available with a clear plastic coating that will prevent the stainless from getting grimey or damaging other finishes.

I would just do the brake lines first before anything else.  The busa's brakes a pretty damn powerfull, they just lack anything like feel.  I am also thinking that with as little seat time as you have on your Busa the pads might still need to be bedded in a bit and performance will prolly improve.

If they don't then maybe try to EBC HH Pads, though they may be overkill...

smile.gif

Back