Privaters Garage for Bikes Opening in San Diego

FastLaneKen

Never Forgotten
Pretty cool for San Diego a self service garage with tools plus these guys are racers at Willow Springs. I am heading over there in the AM to meet these guys.
Ken

flyer.jpg

Privateer's Garage is a premier garage facility fully stocked with professional tools and equipment. For those Do-It-Yourself motorcycle owners that are frustrated with a lack of space, lack of tools, and lack of equipment.

We also offer direct access to needed parts without the hassle of driving to different stores. Have fun and fix your bike at Privateer's Garage.

*** Grand Opening / Viewing Party ***
Join us on March 6, 2009 at 6pm for our grand opening and Daytona 200 viewing party. Register for the event and your name will be automatically included in our drawings for door prizes

Privateer's Garage. A shared garage workspace for motorcycle enthusiasts. Access to tools, equipment, and motorcycle parts.

Privateer's Garage. A shared garage workspace for motorcycle enthusiasts. Access to tools, equipment, and motorcycle parts.

Privateer's Garage Race Team
The team is a privateer effort focusing on racing in the WSMC series at Willow Springs. The team is going to be running two bikes in 2009 - a Kawasaki ZX-6RR and a Honda 600CBR. The team will be running in the 600 SuperSport, 600 Modified Production, 650 SuperBike, and Forumula 2 classes.

Come visit our store to check out the bikes and see the team results!

20$ an hour ..so what..thats better then 78$ an hour the stealership will charge you, sounds like you can learn alot too, and have access to some very expensive tools that we all wish we could afford...

$78/hr? where???? Out here it's $100/hr. I'd gladly pay $20/hr to have access to the specialty tools they have and the experience of others. That's why the head gasket on my Ninja isn't fixed yet. Need the garage space so can't tear bike down.

Seriously, About a year or so ago I had pretty much the same idea for this area. I came up with it based on the the DITY garage where guys worked on their cars in the 2nd 2 Fast 2 Furious movie. I have been looking at different places but the real problem is the money to get it going. I think it is a great idea.

Sounds like a good deal for those who dont have a garage nor tools. I remember when I lived in an apartment, I would always end up working on my bike out in the parking lot....very inconvenient.

DD

Sounds like a very good deal. $20/hr is not bad but what comes with that $20/hr or do you have to make deposits on the specialty tools or pay for a tech to help if you need it.

sound really good but this has failed a lot of times in the auto industry.. maybe it will work with bikes...

Personally at $20 an hour, I can buy a hoist and specialty tools for my bike after a good weekend of labor...

That is cool...wish there was a garage like this in my area. I am still looking for a shop that does great performance work and upgrades on the Hayabusa in my area!

they used to do this for cars back in teh 60's. These days though with the liability and personal injury insurance it would be difficult to cover.
The novice probably isn't going to be able to take advantage of a privateer garage unless there are experienced mechanic/technicians to help guide them through things.
Around here you would have to some how tag every piece of equipment so things aren't stolen :laugh:
Don't get me wrong I luv the idea/concept it can help alot of people who are very limited on space and need to do repairs when it's bad weather outside.

they used to do this for cars back in teh 60's. These days though with the liability and personal injury insurance it would be difficult to cover.
The novice probably isn't going to be able to take advantage of a privateer garage unless there are experienced mechanic/technicians to help guide them through things.
Around here you would have to some how tag every piece of equipment so things aren't stolen :laugh:
Don't get me wrong I luv the idea/concept it can help alot of people who are very limited on space and need to do repairs when it's bad weather outside.
yep and down time waiting for parts etc... so many caveats that it boggles the mind..

IF you offer any help (technical or otherwise) you also enter into repair warranty issues if the guy doing the work screws up any stuff... Because you assisted with advice, you become partially liable for their screwups.. Even if you fight it in court and win, you still loose... Was one of the reasons the car idea went belly up..

Back